Perazzi v Beretta

LoneGunman

I had a mx2000s for a few years with custom stock made for it very nice looking gun and excellent trigger, weight was bang on 8lb, mine kept having issues with the bottom ejector not ejecting the empty cartridge out properly.

Any way about 2 years ago a friend bought a DT11 which I had a go and was very surprised of so little felt recoil, so I bought one which I'm still using now.

Edited by Will Poon

Been a Perazzi shooter for lots and lots of years.... probably 20+ different guns

Had numerous Beretta's, of your choice DT11 everytime....

If you had said nice MX8 SC3 or SC0 different story, but the fixed action doesnt float my boat and the 11 is so smooth to shoot.....

Guest stevo

Just looking secondhand Value of the Perazzi would put me right off buying one.

I recently looked at PerazziS just could not see were the money goes. Non cromed barrels.

The bluing is shocking. Your could rub it off with a cloth ( have a look at a 18 month old one ) and if a rain cloud comes out it will rust in front of your eyes 😂

Just looking secondhand Value of the Perazzi would put me right off buying one.

I recently looked at PerazziS just could not see were the money goes. Non cromed barrels.

The bluing is shocking. Your could rub it off with a cloth ( have a look at a 18 month old one ) and if a rain cloud comes out it will rust in front of your eyes

How old were the examples stevo? What models? Details details not some generic spout.

Enjoy your new DT11 I hope you don't have to take it back to many times.

Perazzi are fantastic guns but they trade on their name :yes: rather than out and out engineering excellence. In terms of reliability, construction, wood quality, action appeal and general appearance they most definitely do not deserve the new price tag but in fairness few top end guns do. Pound for pound the Beretta is a better gun, you can have a DT11L for base Perazzi money or DT11EELL for a bit more.

It's not really a fair contest.

Edited by Hamster

Get a qualified engineer who happens to be a non shooter and ask him to appraise and quantify the difference between a 682e and a MX2000, it would be a brave man who bets large on the P being picked as mechanically superior.

I do accept the trigger is a weak point on the 682 series but the reason is almost certainly down to mass production constraints which of course the P guns (being very low volume) do not suffer from.

Hi lone gunman

First welcome to the forum I see your day 1 😊

Not a very fair contest really peratzi are a marmite gun the dt11 seems a nice gun and shoots well the kreigof well engineered shoots well but butt ugly

And all are realistically mid to low priced guns

Step up a bit and get a SO beretta or for a few £ more a Churchill

Another few £ takes you to entry level holland&holland

All depends what you like and your shooting abilities

Best of luck with your search

All the best

Of

Out of curiosity what gun do you shoot at the moment?

Is a £12K Perazzi really better than a Beretta that costs half the price? I loved the superior build quality of the P gun, but shot for shot, there was v little difference. Which would I choose if pushed? The DT11

Not sure but Imo my 12k Beretta beats a 12k perazzi 😁