Gamedealers E yorks.

Well, after my usual gamedealer Soanes having a lay off taking pigeons due to birdflue etc, they have just informed me they are ceasing to deal in any game from the end of the month.

Not great news just as the harvest starts.

I have a temporary outlet for my pigeons but i am on the look for any other gamedealers to take my woodpigeons.

Any ideas you East yorkshire boys and girls?

Sorry to hear that aga man , if they keep packing up, we could all be in a bit of a muddle as the ones that are left would soon be full to the rafters .

We have only got one outlet in Norfolk that take frozen pigeons as far as I know , there are one or two that will take fresh , but due to the distance you would need a half tidy bag to warrant to take them , plus they would have to go the same day or the next morning at the most.

GOOD LUCK finding another outlet .

Thanks for the reply's. I already have 200 in the freezer and no where to take them as yet. I give away as many as possible and we also eat a fair bit of pigeon.

A local butcher has agreed to take some but maybe only 20 max at a time.

I stiil have to shoot the pigeons as i now cover a fair bit of ground on the understanding i shoot the pigeons. I suppose worse case i will have to dump birds on the muckheap or burn them. Something i have never had to do in 30 years of shooting pigeons.

A farmer just txt tonight with a picture saying pigeons are hammmering the barley again.

post-57269-0-40766700-1499286431_thumb.jpg

There's been over 400 shot by others over three sessions on pea stubble not far from my perm,I'm waiting to hear what they have done with them, I also asked my farmer as he has an outlet for his geese and ducks thought he might know someone, waiting to hear back Aga man

Is it not possible to feed the birds to your dogs or sell them as pet food? This seems to be a common theme at the moment with people posting similar things

How about posting on here free pigeons for collection got to be better than dumping them.

Give them to a ferret welfare place or bird of prey sanctuary although think they would need to be steel shot birds, sell to a zoo?

Failing all that is a low price still not better than dumping birds?

Aga man have you googled ferret welfare place east yorks?

That's the trouble, game dealers don't even want them for nothing, you can't give them away especially the numbers that agaman is hoping to bag this coming harvest, only thing I can think is pet food processing place not sure if there's one a Driffield on kellythorpe ind estate