Sky TV getting the boot

billytheghillie

I am going to get rid of my Sky tv contract, ( too dear, and loads of carp on it) question is what do I replace it with? I like the footy on B.T. sports and that's about it. Now a few questions--

1. will I need a good internet connection, currently its not good. ( stay out in the sticks)

2. will I need a new tv, as mine is a very old one.

3. I am not very good with new tech, so it needs to be simple.

4. whats a good t.v. ( model wise)

Thanks guys.

We have a smart tv which has a button on the remote to put on Netflix and also it has the freeview stations, Amazon prime etc etc

Got it from John Lewis who I found very good to deal with :) between amazon (I pay for prime as a student so it's cheap and I use Amazon a lot), freeview, tv and Netflix we always have something to watch!

if you got the dish freesat is an option,you need the freesat box but no subs to pay,and if you have a new smart tv[i can watch shooting an anything else thats on utube].

Many new smart TVs have a freesat tuner built in (mine did). Another vote for Netflix here, v cheap but you need decent broadband speed.

Our L.G smart tv has built in freeview but not freesat ,if going freesat we paid 30 quid for a freesat box and then screwed sky broadband down when they tried to get us back.We dont have sky t.v but their fibre broad band 72 meg all day £23 a month inc calls atb