J. Dickson & Son Dunkeld Contact

HW95J

They closed

http://www.scotsman.com/business/edinburgh-gunmaker-john-dickson-son-closes-after-200-years-1-4338240

The gunsmithing workshop side of the business may well still be running in some shape of form, under a different name etc.

Try contacting "country clays"

http://www.countyclays.co.uk

They should know what the craic is.

Thanks for your replies, I'll try the second number listed on that Guntrader link. Their Edinburgh shop is indeed closed however I believe they still have a shop in Dunkeld and continue to trade from there.

Will have a look at the Countyclays link Uilleachan, tapadh leat.

First number worked when I tried again today, got through to them and had a great chat/placed an order. The website is currently being re-designed but should be live later this year.

Same extremely high level of customer service as was provided by the staff in Edinburgh. Can't rate them highly enough!

Unfortunately not! I've ordered a copy of Donald Dallas' book 'John Dickson & Son- The Round Action Gunmaker'. Whilst the shop was still going in Edinburgh, Donald worked there one or two days a week. I should have got one at the time when he offered but I didn't think they'd become so difficult to obtain. Couldn't find any online recently hence I needed to contact the Dunkeld shop to see if they could assist. They had some in stock and even offered to go to the local post office and have it weighed to determine postage costs.

The day I have the money for a Dickson made gun, I'll be up there ASAP

Unfortunately not! I've ordered a copy of Donald Dallas' book 'John Dickson & Son- The Round Action Gunmaker'. Whilst the shop was still going in Edinburgh, Donald worked there one or two days a week. I should have got one at the time when he offered but I didn't think they'd become so difficult to obtain. Couldn't find any online recently hence I needed to contact the Dunkeld shop to see if they could assist. They had some in stock and even offered to go to the local post office and have it weighed to determine postage costs.

Donald now works with Holts.

It shall be a wise purchase, worlds most elegant gun.

Blackpowder

Great book. I have all his books will be coming out again now the dark nights are here!

http://www.donalddallas.com/