Help wanted

bfg1980

Ok, so you are happy with my reasoning/comments/suggestions/logic but you take exception to Rambo!

I give up, actually I gave up a few posts back!

I think this is what was famously quoted in a film as a "Failure to communicate!"

And fortunately, when Derek Bird through a wobbly with a relatively normal rifle, David Cameron stood up and made valid points about the number of people using them and the great benefit they generally were to the country, just what do you think he could have said if Bird was using a csg mp5 .22?

I honestly dont think Cameron would have done anything any different from what he did, he recognised he could not legislate for idiots and said such in the house, his reaction was quite frankly a breath of fresh air because when i heard of the shootings in Cumbria after the initial horror of events it was not very long until being an active shooter that i began to fear a repeat of goverment legislations after the hungerford and dumblane massacres . But thankfully the government recognised no further legislation could serve any practical purpose.

I do not want to see any guns go 50BMG if it goes will be a tragedey yet i believe if we do see any radical changes it will be leveled at the door of ptotecting the general public from terrorisum not some bloke wanting an MP5 .22lr clone.

I dont care what guns people have if its legal to have them, then crack on.

However, I wish that people who say "Bye"-twice, would actually mean it and foxtrot oscar instead of coming back to spout more drivel.

I notice the OP hasnt posted again, probably thought **** this, im outta here!

Dekers couldnt agree more all these want to be rambos need stopping no need for black guns.

In fact the Hannock want too bes around me who insist on being snipper want to be shoot at targets out 1200m what the point of that deer are always shot closer let's stop them nothing over 200ms is really needed.

And what about these fools with trap guns shoot things going away from the for heavens sake everyone know gentlemen only shoot driven targets and use sbs

Edited by welshwarrior

My fave response to a ‘black gun’

“Oooh, that looks powerful” or words to that effect.

Not withstanding the fact that the same cartridge can be used in a ‘wooden’ gun :-)

To the OP, GSG mp5 - not the best, need a good clean and the dummy suppressor version is annoying when it should be a true suppressor

Oh, and it’s great fun for casual plinking .............

My fave response to a ‘black gun’

“Oooh, that looks powerful” or words to that effect.

Not withstanding the fact that the same cartridge can be used in a ‘wooden’ gun :-)

To the OP, GSG mp5 - not the best, need a good clean and the dummy suppressor version is annoying when it should be a true suppressor

Oh, and it’s great fun for casual plinking .............

you can get a suppressor to replace the dummy one makes gun about 4 inch longer don't work very well as gun needs hv rounds (ive got one ) £80 I wont get back

You get a FAC by having good reason, then ask about these?

It isn't a target rifle and it isn't a hunting rifle!

I totally accept these can be fun and have a big grin factor, but this is the UK. UK shooting already takes more than enough flack, this sort of rifle does nothing to help the legitimate cause of target or hunting use. I personally believe it actually gives the genuine community grief!

The only place these have any credibility is back yard plinking, I haven't noticed that as a valid reason!

I despair!

You seem to know an awful lot about this particular gun, you sure you havnt got one lurking in your cabinet :lol:

What is the difference then, between say, a Ruger 1022, and a GSG 5 ?

One looks a bit more 'menacing' ?

And like has been mentioned, practical or speed type target shooting disciplines are an excellent reason to own this type of gun.

And why cant you hunt with one ? You may not have the range of something a little more refined, but at the end of the day its a .22lr rifle, there are no legal restrictions for field use.

I use a SIG 522 SWAT as my bunny basher of choice, with its 30 round mag ,mod and folding stock.it looks extremely menacing, but its legal, and effective, especially when I strip to the waist and tie a red bandana around my head :yes:

And I hope it continues to be, despite people like you saying it shouldnt be.

Youve got to ask yourself dekers, where does it end ?

Pump action or semi auto shotguns next, why do you need more than 2 shells ?

Practical shotgun ? A combat discipline ? I think not.

Magazine limitations California style, why do you need more than 5 rounds ?

You dont shoot more than once a month Sir ? you need to store your guns at the nick or RFD.

Just because YOU dont see the point of it, doesnt mean someone else wont.

We need more people to start shooting, and if that means people shooting for fun, then so be it.

If you want to keep private firearm ownership, we need numbers, so we can have a voice that can be heard.

...................it's the nut behind the wheel every time. The style of the gun and even the calibre has no bearing on the safety aspect. Every tragedy we have had with firearms has resulted from the lack of police supervision. In the good old days the local bobby would have the job of visiting and assessing someone in his locality. He/she would know the persons background anyway. E.G. Dunblane, where the local officers on the ground made a report that the offender should not have a FAC issued but the senior officer seemed to know him better than most and signed it off, then mysteriously vanished after the attack took place.

The same applies to knives. The knife laws cause me and you guys to often break the law as it stands, but HEH!! the law has prevented knife crime, hasn't it ????