New Pension age 68

clakk

I personally don't think it is good. I just recall seeing something about Germany being in a very similar position regarding them having huge amounts of citizens in retirement and low numbers of young people in work and some claiming the huge influx of young migrant workers was to help ease this problem.

I too read similar and because Merkel has been proactive and making Germany take so many it gave them the opportunity of being very selective when looking through their applications for permanent residency. They are taking the skilled and ejecting those they don't want. A lot who have arrived are not happy and are being asked to leave.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What reports are they please?

Genuinely interested in taking a look at the effects of the policies they had. Hopefully from reputable sources though.

google, problems with germany influx of asylum seekers, it might take a while to digest so many pages

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

This is my experience of a "desk job' in the design industry. It's no good being of sound body at retirement age if you've had a nervous breakdown due to the pressure.

And mine. I"ve done both. Desk and on the tools as they say in a technical roll.

Done all the Education stuff. Uni etc so it's not that I wasn"t prepared for pen pushing but sometimes wish I was back on the tools.

When I went into the office it rubbed a few people up who I had previoulsy worked with who though it was an easy life.

One of hhe most vocal came to do the same planning job and lasted 1 month before going back.

I'm semi hoping to get made redundant. I could then potentially go back on the tools and take the hit on pay.