Use of BASC logo on this forum

David BASC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you on about bivvy, you wouldn't buy it from him anyway, nock down price on the boot sale maybe :good:

LOL. Every shop has a bargain bin with the back end of a "Bivvy" type hanging out the back of it.

I think he means he will be taking his mooching and shop lifting elsewhere :good:

Lets not be so quick to apologise to the troll contingent. Hunterswind has stated that he did not complain, which I believe is true. However, that is not to say that he had nothing to do with it.

Stop and think for a moment. A new PW member, who has yet to post, registers and then fires off PMs to members in official positions.

Now I for one smell rats. Maybe rats and trolls can share the same burrow, and communicate telepathically, or more likely via email.

webber

Some of the old sayings are very apt. Here is one which may be appropriate to certain persona nongrata:

If the cap fits; wear it!

I wonder if anyone would like to make nominations for PW troll of the year?

Maybe this should be a new topic.

webber

Stop and think for a moment. A new PW member, who has yet to post, registers and then fires off PMs to members in official positions.

webber

Who is this "new PW member" ?

the new member is pinewood sporting, and last time i looked he was busy in the PM panel. i think weve got him red handed.

cheers

flash

webber

Who is this "new PW member" ?

the new member is pinewood sporting, and last time i looked he was busy in the PM panel. i think weve got him red handed.

cheers

flash

He's not that new, says he joined 19 July 2005 but has never posted anything?

Pinewood Sporting joined on 19th July 2005, hardly a "new member".

We have many registered members who don't post, but can often be seen viewing.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Don't confuse "Trolls" with "opinionated members", there is nothing wrong with vigorously debating your point of view, as long as you keep it clean and don't personalise it.

Just because someone has an opinion you don't agree with, it doesn't make them a "Troll".

"Trolls" only post to cause discontent and "flame wars".

On a Forum like this, that would normally be an "Anti" type sentiment.

When other members pile in and the rows begin, thats when they know they have achieved their objective.

They are best left for the Mods to deal with.

The other category is the "idiot", they are usually new, young and post something to either ingratiate themselves ( a fictional story of a brush with Antis is favourite), or flood the sections with a series of very basic questions.

These are best ignored and they usually go away, its only occasionally they have to be dealt with by the Mods.

Its important to give all newcomers a fair chance and don't dive in on them.

If in doubt, leave them alone.

Lots of Forums have a very bad reputation of scaring new members away, because the "regulars" jump all over them.

We haven't been like that and we don't want to change now. :good: