i need some help

bagup-sam

do any of you have any ideas

i need a problem which i can solve by designing a product.

its for my a level design and technology major coursework.

i was thinking of something to do with shooting or farming or fishing?

or anything really.

cheers

design a pigeon magnet i will send you plans :good: :good:

how about a collapsable folding trolley for carrying hide kit....which also has a gun rack for holding two shottys.....and is light weight and rust proff.....design it and I'll buy one.......bogsy some of your milions if the idea takes off

:good:

Also add a cup holder so i can cash in on the royalties!! :good:

how about a collapsable folding trolley for carrying hide kit....which also has a gun rack for holding two shottys.....and is light weight and rust proff.....design it and I'll buy one.......bogsy some of your milions if the idea takes off

Also add a cup holder so i can cash in on the royalties!! :stupid:

It must also have a portable bog with an automatic paper dispencer. ( To make the pigeons come in, when you are using it)

Invent a system whereby you can pour a brew :-

1) So that you can keep your eyes on the decoys, how is it you take you eyes off them for a second and there are pigeon there?

2) So that when pigeon come in, your having a brew they will come in, you don't stand spilling the coffee on your nuts and scaring them all away screaming

3) You can't put it down so the next time you stand to shoot you trip over it kicking it all over your carts

Make something like that and you will make millions :good:

An alternative to the tow system on tractors ? One where the ball on the trailer can be reversed onto and coupled in seconds. Incorporate the lights for the trailer when its hitched and the driver no longer needs to leave the cab and this time next year you will be well off :good:

All teachers are left wing Guardian readers, fact.

So, go for something right on.

What about an anti smoking device - you fit smoke detectors in every room of a house, shed and greenhouse and then wire the detectors upto a remotely administered dog shocker collar adapted for humans. Very right on PC and healthy with 1.7.07 looming. Bit of an **** if you like burnt toast.

Or a large knitted vest for whales and dolphins that will repel a harpoon.

Serious one now - a semi auto air rifle (proper job S410'-esque not those rubbish bb gas guns).

Have we done this one before because it does make me wonder why we don't have semi auto 12 ftps air rifles?

It's something to do with the governing bodies telling the manufacturers that if they make one, it will be banned! I'm not sure where I read it, maybe the FAQ on the Skan website? I always wondered, until I read it!

if your doing product design im affraid you will struggle to do much of the above unless:

you make the packaging for it, it uses almost no metal and there is a genuine need for the product on a large scale.

most of your marks are in the evaluation of the product and im affraid on most of the above products you dont leave yourself the room to evaluate enough. Ironically things like shotgun stock are great as they involve ergonomics, and anthopometrics (cant spell that)

my two projects were: ipod camera (means you have strict design criteria: no room to move............ bad project)

2nd: redesigned mouse to solve RSI's (good project lots of data can be collected.

Also note you probably wont be allowed to make your product due to time constraints.

However if you can find a way to include it, go for it.

• 4 weeks later...

or anything really.

cheers

design a pigeon magnet i will send you plans :stupid: :stupid:

Hi Hawkeye,

any chance of sending me the plans too?

cheers,

Terry.

or anything really.

cheers

design a pigeon magnet i will send you plans :stupid: :stupid:

Hi Hawkeye,

any chance of sending me the plans too?

cheers,

Terry.

No problem just PM me your E-Mail Address :thumbs: :good:

How about a gun slip stand, there is only one that I know of on the market which could be improved, I made mine myself, a sturdy waterproof gun slip with a hollow steel rod in the spine of it, with a solid pointed rod inside of the hollow rod so you can easily stand your bag vertically in soft ground, home made stands of all descriptions are evident at every clay shoot that I attend many of which are poorly made.

You know the strap you can fix to your stock to carry spare rounds? What about a similar strap, designed to carry .22 and .17HMR spare magazines? I keep my spare mags in my pocket, together with whatever rubbish, or essential kit, is in there, and I'm forever rummaging about trying to disentangle the mag from the contents of the pocket. I know I could be much better organised, but a stock strap would solve the problem.

No, if it was made in Scotland it wouldn't be a Jockstrap....