Perazzi MX8 ??.

samboy

Hi all.

Ive been offered the above with 2 extra stocks, 2 Barrels, 1 skeet, 1 30" multichoke, 8 chokes, a spare trigger unit plus a few other bits and pieces all in mint cond.

Maybe about 8 yrs old with hardly any use. I'm tempted. £4000.

Edited by samboy

Wonderful guns I wouldn’t hesitate at that price. Although mine is an older MT6 it’s by far the best gun I have owned. As others have said though I have paid to have it fitted, wood refinished and springs upgraded to the ones from an MX12 (basically the same gun) probably spent around another 500 quid on it. If I miss anything now I can’t blame the gun and I can’t see I’ll ever sell it!

good luck and post pics if you buy it. 

Check the barrel flats for date code stamp. Also check the stocks for any signs of cracking or repair. Also one set of barrels, preferably the 30” ones, should have the same serial no’s as the action and one of the trigger sets. Matching serial no’s doesn’t usually affect function but does affect value come resale time. Price wise £4K seems about on the money, particularly with a spare trigger set worth c £4 to £5 hundred on its own. I’m a Perazzi fan, so a bit biased but I don’t think you’ll go far wrong and you’ll have a gun that should still last you a lifetime.

Steve