Green Shoot Cartridges

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

Hi All,

I would be grateful for the experiences of any members who have used cartridges from Purbeck Shooting Supplies, or elsewhere, loaded with the water soluble Green Shoot "plastic" wads.

Have done a search on this topic and found nothing.

Thanks, Milo.

Not helpful to yourself But i emailed them a couple of times about some Steel shot biogradable wads they never have replied 

Well well I actually know a chap who invented a type of water soluble plastic but I never thought it would appear in shotgun cartridges, he sold the design / formula for a reasonable sum some years ago.

The relevance of this post is if it is the same type of water soluble plastic then it is an English invention. 

Edited by sportsbob

I`ve used the Armusa ammo at Purbeck for some time, in 12 and 28 bore, they perform well in all my selection of Wabbitbosher bargains, and my better Brownings, also for my walkup and decoy game..good price, and accepted on the Somerset estate where I`ve been shooting for 10 years. I did research and am confident that they do degrade as advertised..hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, fronty61 said:

I`ve used the Armusa ammo at Purbeck for some time, in 12 and 28 bore, they perform well in all my selection of Wabbitbosher bargains, and my better Brownings, also for my walkup and decoy game..good price, and accepted on the Somerset estate where I`ve been shooting for 10 years. I did research and am confident that they do degrade as advertised..hope this helps.

Thanks, Fronty. Very helpful. Couple of questions - 

I also use a 28 bore from time to time. I can't see any reference on their website to a degradable wad version in 28 bore. Can you tell me what load you are using?

Do you have an email or phone number for Purbeck as I would like to put in an order.

Thanks,

Milo.

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Thanks, Fronty. Very helpful. Couple of questions - 

I also use a 28 bore from time to time. I can't see any reference on their website to a degradable wad version in 28 bore. Can you tell me what load you are using?

Do you have an email or phone number for Purbeck as I would like to put in an order.

Thanks,

Milo.

01929 405101

http://www.greenshootcartridges.com/

Edited by dodeer

2 minutes ago, dodeer said:

01929 405101

Thanks, Dodeer.

In case members might find it useful, I will try to get a delivery of 32g GreenShoots and report back on a comparison with RC SIPE fibre 32g which, for me, are the cartridge to beat. I prefer the shooting characteristics of normal plastic wads but won't use them.

If George from Proper is reading I would very much like his opinion on these wads. As previous members have said, it would seem like the way to go.

Thanks,

Milo.

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Thanks, Dodeer.

In case members might find it useful, I will try to get a delivery of 32g GreenShoots and report back on a comparison with RC SIPE fibre 32g which, for me, are the cartridge to beat. I prefer the shooting characteristics of normal plastic wads but won't use them.

If George from Proper is reading I would very much like his opinion on these wads. As previous members have said, it would seem like the way to go.

Thanks,

Milo.

Please do. I am obliged to use fibre but it looks as though these would be a viable option. Just a shame there's no 6&1/2s or 7s in their pigeon range. Would be interested to see if their detailed prices remain  currently valid.

2 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Please do. I am obliged to use fibre but it looks as though these would be a viable option. Just a shame there's no 6&1/2s or 7s in their pigeon range. Would be interested to see if their detailed prices remain  currently valid.

Thanks, Wymberley, I'll report back. 

Will be interesting to see what price the cartridges are as the price list via the website link for purbeck looks to be 2014

John at Zfolkestone engineering supplies has one of the wads in a little plastic bag hanging from a shelf! they are made from PVA yes wood glue and supplied in foil sealed bags with shelf life of one year talk to john he tell you more but his conclusion was given that they are made in Spain one of the leading countries for cartridge manufacturing if they were any good then they would be snapped up by the manufactures when in practice it looks like only one smallish manufacture has used them.

Rb.