British Open Skeet

paulos

• 2 weeks later...

I've entered to shoot early on the Saturday morning, should be fun, never shot any skeet at Bisley before.

I think Jonsey has also entered to shoot on that day so they'll be at least 3 PW members having a go.

I need a bit more practice though, I shot a couple of rounds at West London on Saturday afternoon, only managed a 24 & 23, :lol::yes: , could do better..!!

Cat.

I can't see this event now taking place, due to the current Bisley F&M closure, they're unlikely to lift the ban this week..??

There's nothing on the CPSA website yet, I suppose they may try and move it to another ground, but it's unlikely due to the short notice.

Cat.

Unless there was a specific reason, I think rarms suggested it was army culling deer?, then I think it was a terrible decision.

Certainly it had nothing to do with disease control since they were still allowing people to come and go as they pleased, just no shooting.

I'd love to know the actual reasons for the cancellation, I suspect it was somewhat hastily taken.

PIN,

It was my understanding that because Pirbright was on the doorstep of the infection and that was closed. Pirbright has to be open for any shooting to take place on Bisley camp owing to the overlap of the danger areas.

It would not have been an easy decision to make as the NRA and NSC would have lost quite a large sum of cash through not having any shooting on their busiest day of the week.

big notice on the CPSA site that its all going ahead with clearence from the MOD and DEFRA so hopefully no last minute cancellations will happen. i still havent received any confirmation yet though so may not be happening for me anyway! ill be onto the CPSA and NCSC tomorrow!

Just spoken to the ground, all booked in! 4pm saturday. They have advised every! Going to call them on friday night though to make sure its still on

You'll be able to have a chuckle at our scores for the Saturday morning, they should be posted on the board by the time you start.

Weather forecast is dry but cloudy with a light Westerly wind, no excuses likely there then..!! :( :yes:

Cat.

You'll be able to have a chuckle at our scores for the Saturday morning, they should be posted on the board by the time you start.

Weather forecast is dry but cloudy with a light Westerly wind, no excuses likely there then..!! :( :yes:

Cat.

Speak for yourself there Michael Fish. Believe me my score will be no laughing matter, crying perhaps but certainly not laughter. :lol:

Sadly, a complete doomer for me, I did a 22 ;););) , followed by no less than 3 24's,total 94..!! ;)

The highlight of the day has to be Jonesy, who shot so very steady, absolutely no pressure, her swing was truly superb, she absolutely mullared 99.9% of the targets, finished on a very creditable 93, I think about 5 birds clear of all the other gals in the South West Region.

Not only that that, she did a 25 straight on her 2nd round,, which I simply couldn't do today.!!!

Cat.

Sadly, a complete doomer for me, I did a 22 :blush::blush::blush: , followed by no less than 3 24's,total 94..!! :mad:

The highlight of the day has to be Jonesy, who shot so very steady, absolutely no pressure, her swing was truly superb, she absolutely mullared 99.9% of the targets, finished on a very creditable 93, I think about 5 birds clear of all the other gals in the South West Region.

Not only that that, she did a 25 straight on her 2nd round,, which I simply couldn't do today.!!!

Cat.

Well at least I didn't lose too much money to you. The bet was a £1 for the delta, I was determined not to hand over too much cash.

Fancy not getting a straight eh Cat..........I mean even a girl can get one.

Seriously neither of us shot very well but it was great to do it. The rest of our squad shot really well with 3 75 straights. Then we all retired for a cup of tea and to take the mickey out of Cat....... :lol:

We didn't win anything but we were definitely the the most attractive and slimest squad there :lol::lol::lol:

I was shooting for the South West Ladies team and we did manage a 3rd which is brilliant for Wiltshire. :good:

Hopefully I'll win that pound back off you shortly, can't believe you beat me only by 1.

Jonsey

bit of a doomer here as too im afraid, 94 as well! only i did it the other way around, shot 24,24,24 then an awful 22. went to pieces a bit there. no prizes to be had by me but a great day anyway :blush:

well shot jonsey, at least one of us on here cleared a round :blush: :blush:

It seems I'm not the only one to have lost interest in Skeet over the years, there were a grand total of 261 entries for the British Open at Bisley last weekend, the atmosphere and "buzz" was much akin to the reaction of Pelt Man & Stealth Stalker when Pin suggested they de-breast 126 woodies in the middle of their family barbecue at 7pm last Sunday night..!!

I remember the top dogs at the CPSA, (who are all either Skeet or Trap shooters), bemoaning the fact that the British Open Skeet at Southern Counties 2 or 3 years ago only managed 350 entries, when in earlier years the entry numbers were 600 - 700.

So what's gone wrong, Sporting shoot numbers are well up at the moment, the British Open at High Lodge next week will probably attract 1350 entries, and will end up subsidising the loss leader Skeet shoots..??

FITASC is also doing well, so why the lack of interest in Skeet..??

Cat.

(,,,)=^ _ ^+(,,,)