Humberside FEO Visit

JTaylor91

16 hours ago, oowee said:

You don't even have to have a cabinet and if you have one you can move it whenever you want.

As my local FEO headed for the door following his first and thusfar only visit, he said he wanted to know if I ever moved my cabinet.  This was Avon and Somerset however, who seem to have their act together, compared to some of the other forces I read about on here.  Cert was posted to me approximately 3 weeks later.

When I moved A&S wanted to know what my security was going to be. Wrote it on a form (previously inspected cabinet fixed to external wall) , that was it. 

Revised Cert in the post a week later. 

They haven't checked up more than 9 months later. 

So I have spoken to the firearms office in Humberside. For an initial grant where security is in place at the time of visit the cert will be posted. They hand deliver renewals to re check security. They also indicated that they should hopefully get round to looking over my application next week.

I'm with Humberside and this is what happens now.
Shotgun renewal, filled in form and later FEO came round, checked things out security and guns wise then gave me certificate to sign in his presence.
FAC, 2 officers attended and the same routine.
Before this, it was forms sent, then visit, then wait for ticket to arrive.

• 2 months later...