Visit

Ade1971

Hi All,

So applied for my renewal with swp in March which was my first co-terminous.

Had an email from them mid may to return my shotgun cert and they would send out the renewal of both as they did which arrived days later with a letter to say arrangements are being made for the security visit.

I was in work today and the mrs phoned at 4 to say the police are here to check security ( she was concerned as nobody likes to see a policeman walking down their drive I'm sure).

Anyway he had to come back at 5 which he did but to only check the shotgun serial and security?? He said someone else will be out for the firearms.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

Ade

Sent my renewal form and cheque off to police last week of February as certificate was due to run out June 1st. Cheque was cashed 6th March heard nothing until this week when a letter from the chief fire arms officer came through the door explaining that they still hadn't made a decision on the renewal and I am to staple the letter to my certificate for a further 8 weeks as an extension to the expired certificate. Also the doctor was paid his £50 first week of April after I received his letter.:/  

On 10/06/2019 at 18:11, Ade1971 said:

Hi All,

So applied for my renewal with swp in March which was my first co-terminous.

Had an email from them mid may to return my shotgun cert and they would send out the renewal of both as they did which arrived days later with a letter to say arrangements are being made for the security visit.

I was in work today and the mrs phoned at 4 to say the police are here to check security ( she was concerned as nobody likes to see a policeman walking down their drive I'm sure).

Anyway he had to come back at 5 which he did but to only check the shotgun serial and security?? He said someone else will be out for the firearms.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

Ade

Are they not civilians doing the checks. ?

On 13/06/2019 at 19:02, snow white said:

I had one come to check rifles and I said do you want to check shotguns no only rifles well I was dumbfounded why not when you are there got no answer.

Exactly what I said and the reply was. " Well I'm sure someone else will be out for those'