How much did you pay for your medical check?

Papercase

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/02/2020 at 06:54, Squirel1973 said:

My local surgery is run by four partners who decided they would charge £200 for the service.  Everybody I've spoken to is disgusted with this and I know a few occasional shooters who gave their licence up as a result.  I paid it because after consulting with my feo I felt I had no choice. This is in Peebles, Scottish Borders. 

Just ask for a full print of your records and present that. See what the authorities make of it. Everytime you go to the Doc's a computer record is made, even an ingrowing toe nail. So if there is no mention of mental illness etc., there should be no problem.  I recently had to go privately to see a heart surgeon and my Doctor printed a full detailed copy of my record for him in seconds and gave it to me. Simple.

On 11/02/2020 at 06:54, Squirel1973 said:

My local surgery is run by four partners who decided they would charge £200 for the service.  Everybody I've spoken to is disgusted with this and I know a few occasional shooters who gave their licence up as a result.  I paid it because after consulting with my feo I felt I had no choice. This is in Peebles, Scottish Borders. 

What you & your fellow shooters that are registered at this surgery should do is change surgery’s that would make the four partners think again as over the years they would loose a fortune not having you on there books.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

What you & your fellow shooters that are registered at this surgery should do is change surgery’s that would make the four partners think again as over the years they would loose a fortune not having you on there books.

I think you will find that there are only two GP practices in Peebles, both charging £200.   Would a GP in Penicuik (13 miles), Biggar (18 miles) or Galashiels (19 miles) take on patients living in Peebles, who might one day require home visits?

2 hours ago, Squirel1973 said:

My renewal is due 2022 and I think asking for a print out of my medical history is good advice.  

I just had to hand a memory stick to the GP practice, got the records as a single PDF file within a few days, when we were moving away from the district.     Everything had obviously been scanned from paper records, lots of pages upside down (I used PDFSAM to split the file and reassemble pages the right way up).  

Records for both Mrs and I say we are divorced -- that came as a surprise to us, arriving shortly before our golden wedding anniversary.   I hope the medical info doesn't contain too many gross errors of that sort.