Handy tips?

henry d

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, lancer425 said:

A family in trouble. And how to stay safe in a house where a family member has the virus.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-shatters-new-jersey-family-kills-3-4-more-hospitals-n1163696

Likely there'll be a family from around here in trouble too, in the not too distant.  A BIG wedding took place at the hall close to where I live yesterday. Dozens of cars and a couple of fancy buses have gone past my back garden on their way to the hall yesterday. You cant tell me they all stayed a metre away from each other during the proceedings. People don't "have to get married" anymore, so why couldn't they postpone. And how come the venue chose to ignore our glorious leader's advice?

2 minutes ago, WestonSalop said:

And how come the venue chose to ignore our glorious leader's advice?

Judging by some of the reports from London many of 'the young' are ignoring advice on the basis they will only get something like a cold ......... which is neither true nor a good reason.  The owners are faced with huge losses by cancelling at short notice - I know thats not a good reason - but times are seriously tough and getting tougher for the hotel & pub trade.  Many pubs around here are now doing 'collect at the door' or 'delivered' - which seems to me a sensible compromise.

I expect a big surge around here starting anytime about now as it is now a week since the Cheltenham Gold Cup was held ........... and all local pubs, hotels, B&B's were heaving (250,000 tickets sold) ........ but that was finished the day before the government advice.

13 minutes ago, WestonSalop said:

Likely there'll be a family from around here in trouble too, in the not too distant.  A BIG wedding took place at the hall close to where I live yesterday. Dozens of cars and a couple of fancy buses have gone past my back garden on their way to the hall yesterday. You cant tell me they all stayed a metre away from each other during the proceedings. People don't "have to get married" anymore, so why couldn't they postpone. And how come the venue chose to ignore our glorious leader's advice?

And when if they get it, they will have a sad tale to tell like those in new jersey.

All we can do is follow The guidelines wash hands etc. Its oyjers that wont obey these guidelines, that will spread it. We have enough people who can not stay safe distances, in their jobs without other mixing just for fun.

I just hope we are doing enough not to turn into another italy.

The death toll is rising about 600 a day global  if i worked it out. it looks ok on % when you say it fast, but each and everyone of those dead is some thing to someone somewhere. Death is like the end, and i think we are going to see or know many endings before this thing pans out.

Edited by lancer425