BRITISH OPEN SPORTING - HIGH LODGE

AAA MAN

I have a 9am start on Saturday morning B) I'm not the sharpest knife at that time of day so god knows how it's all going to go.

Pin, when you walk the course in the morning come and say hello :lol: and don't listen to any horror stories you'll be grand.

AAAMan, shoot well on Thursday. Is Emmsy going with you?

Jonsey

I have just phoned up and got in for Saturday at 9.00 a.m. peg 5 squad 91.

I wanted a nice quiet round with no pressure and no sledging.

I am still considering shooting it with StuartP's old Zoli SBS and a bag of cheapy Eley number 8's.

You'll like it Mungler if you've not shot there before, infact all will enjoy it no matter what. Biddy puts on some lovely birds, none of that rubbish we saw at the Essex Masters. All hittable with one or two that sort the men out from the boys. I was hoping to be loader for Pin but unfortunately I am off to Radcliffes with Farmerguy.22 to get his gun fitted and then i am shooting on a local shoot in the afternoon with my Semi auto to get the practise in for opening day of the wildfowling season with MC.

Just watch out for the L/R and R/L crossers skimming along the top of the bank on Stand 12 or 11, bank seems to cause an optical illusion in term sof height and lead required. Not saying that they will be the same, but other comps have seen them there.

Good luck to one and all and most of all enjoy B) :lol:

SS

I am still considering shooting it with StuartP's old Zoli SBS and a bag of cheapy Eley number 8's.

Squad 91 you say Mungler.............................nice quiet round eh?

I don't think so....... :lol:

See you Saturday then B)

Glad you like the gun.

Squad 91! jeez, can you fit a lamp on a shotgun? B)

You should look out for SBS challenges, I know they do one at Churchill's there must be others...

****house

No Catamong sledging mind.

Sledging.........B)?:lol:???

I know the weather's bad at the moment, but my skis are staying safely in the rack.

All I will need is my trusty 682, a pocketful of Viri Fob Mondial 8's, and 1/4 / 1/4 Rhinos, that should be plenty enough to tame the course.

I'm shooting at 1pm on the Saturday, so I'll be able to stand tutting behind Jonesy and Pin when they miss a silly floater or two..!!

Good luck guys & gals, I'm damn glad I'm not shooting it tomorrow, the weather forecast's a lot better for the weekend.

Cat.

Sledging.........:lol:?:lol:???

"Sledging is the practice in cricket of insulting opponents to break their concentration and cause them to make mistakes. Sledging is effective because the batsman stands within hearing range of the bowler and certain fielders. The aim is to intimidate or distract the batsman into making a fatal mistake and being dismissed. Sledging thus tries to "break the flow" of the batsman's game.[citation needed] There is debate in the cricketing world over whether this is poor sportsmanship or good-humoured banter"

Without wishing to sound like the person that pushes the button on the lottery program . .

Good luck to all PW entrants B)

Come back afterwards and let us know how it was for you.

Mungler, if you like you can borrow my mates 3/4 and Full choked Baikal. I'll even load you a few carts in my kitchen with fishing line shot using a funnel and desert spoon, tamped down with the bog plunger handle if you like :lol:

Seriously though, good luck to all, make us proud boys (and girls) B)

ZB

Mungler, if you like you can borrow my mates 3/4 and Full choked Baikal. I'll even load you a few carts in my kitchen with fishing line shot using a funnel and desert spoon, tamped down with the bog plunger handle if you like :drinks:

Seriously though, good luck to all, make us proud boys (and girls) :)

ZB

:)

Kind offer, however, I have already homeloaded with "The Force".

:drinks:

Kind offer, however, I have already homeloaded with "The Force".

"The Force" was the name for my patented BAOR coctail which comprised half a pint of ginger beer and half a pint of rum in an issue mug. Pre quaffing, drinkers say "U boot coctail" (in a bad german accent, taken from a scene in Das Boot), before sinking as much as you can in one go. If someone shouts "Alaaaaarm!!" (again from Das Boot), you must drink the lot :) , put the mug on your head and all bundle into one corner of the room, ready to crash dive. The art was to end up on top of the pile, so you were the vomiter, not the vomitee. It's sad but it's true.

If you are home loading with that I dont fancy your chances much, even less than with my bog plunger homeloads :)

ZB

Just got back from High lodge - After 10 hours in the car let me tell you about my disaster!

Should have been picked up at 4.30am - Alan arrived at 4.10am (he only lives 1/2 mile from me and knocked on my neighbours door waking them up - anyway onto Nicks house who lives in Berkley (he was driving) I helped Nick get ready, Alan transfered our gear to Nicks car. - Wait for it

We got there at 10am 1 hour late but phoned to tell them and they were ok with that and said catch up the squad (no time for breakfast). It was also chucking it down with rain - And you guessed it my Shooting gear was still in Alans Car, back home so I shot the round in a T-Shirt.

First stand I dropped 4 on the first stand and was like a zombie and dropped a total of 24 on first 8 stands - I looked at my card and **** myself! That gave me a kick up the **** and i managed to straight the next 6 stands (1-6) To finish on 76 - Should have been 88+

I didnt enjoy the shoot very much - There were lots of dropping and dying targets about 70% - I hate these

My tip will be nothing really needs any lead as all the kill positions of the birds are when they loose steam!

They had a mini crossing about 25 yards this was my favourite stand - havent shot one in years remember dont give it much lead because its only small and looks further away than it is

No more than half choke is needed for this course

Anyway good luck the rest of you, let me know how you get on

AA Man,

I think that's a damn good result, considering you were messed about big time on the way there.

Perhaps next year you ought to consider a stopover nearer the ground..??

I see on the CPSA website that Mark Marshall is leading it with a 93.

Those with a good memory will recall that Mark did a similar thing at the English at Doveridge earlier this year, only to be pipped by Biddy on the final day when the weather had calmed down a bit.

I know Mark well, he's now a full time instructor at West London Shooting School, we've had many a head to head at local 50 bird Sporting shoots over the years, it would be good to see somebody like him win this event, the big fella's now out of it thank goodness, so there's possibly only Boy Wonder, (AKA Becks), who could do it, or maybe perhaps Mungler or Pin, who knows..??

Cat.

P.S.

I've got a side bet on for Jonesy to scoop the Ladies event, that girl has shot so consistently all year and won just about everything possible in the SouthWest Region, so, watch this space..!!

AAA good shooting considering the nightmare. Rushing straight into shooting is never good. I've left my gear behind before now too so I know how off putting that is. Still I think you should be made up with that score.

Next year book early and book into the travel lodge, I managed to get my squad in the travel lodge for £10 a room because we booked so early. (i don't think they are worth more than a tenner anyway )

I've heard from others that shot it yesterday much the same, lots of dropping targets and lots of edge on targets with not a lot of power.

So 9am start for me and my squad, really looking forward to it. Nice thinking Cat but really I'll shoot my best, don't think I'm quite that standard yet. County Level and National Level are very different. There are several ladies shooting really well at the moment, Obviously Cheryl Hall and Lyndon Partridge is going great guns, as is Natasha Vadasz.

Just as an aside, in the PULL! magazine there are 150 top tips to good shooting. I'm really liking top tip number 89. Renew your lipstick after each round. I'm a firm believer in that. If your not shooting very well, look nice. :lol:

Which stand are you starting on (assuming they are staggering like the English) and I will come say hello before walking the course :good:

As always I've lost the piece of paper that came through the post that told us where to start so I haven't a clue. :no: There's 15 stands so we'll be on one of those :lol:

I've also lost mine, usefully the CPSA being technologically hard of thinking didn't bother e-mailing it either :no:

I remember I am peg 1 (great) but not which squad, I think 161 from memory but it could be any of them :good:

I can find last years details :lol:

I'll ring one of my fellow squad members and find out for you.........