BRITISH OPEN SPORTING - HIGH LODGE

AAA MAN

i wouldnt worry even trying to remember, if its anything like the english was thwn you will be starting on a different stand to that originally specified anyway. from what i remember i was supposed to start on stand 9 so went and had a quick look at 9/10/11 booked in and we were moved to start on stand 3, ****!

There were some lads I met @ the English who were moaning about being moved and shoved about - I started where I was meant too but they were apparently moved at the last minute and got some attitude for not knowing about it (how the hell would they?)...

There were some lads I met @ the English who were moaning about being moved and shoved about - I started where I was meant too but they were apparently moved at the last minute and got some attitude for not knowing about it (how the hell would they?)...

Seems like another well organised CPSA event then :good:

It did pee down most of yesterday, but having driven past this morning, it seemed to be overcast and breezy at worst. Should be ok amongst the trees there anyway.

Doesn't really matter where you start, you still have to hit them regardless, although the preparation is knocked out of kilter. Just remember to moan is just another excuse if you do badly.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is good, all the best to you all and I look forward to reading the results. I reckon 93 to be too low a score and that 97-98 will win it and no doubt will be someone who doesn't feature regular in the comp standings. Assuming Phil Thorrold or Jed Welham are shooting and haven't shot already, being local lads, they could well win this one. Phil especially after his second in the Beretta. His lads handy as well :lol:

SS

Seems like another well organised CPSA event then :good:

It did pee down most of yesterday, but having driven past this morning, it seemed to be overcast and breezy at worst. Should be ok amongst the trees there anyway.

Doesn't really matter where you start, you still have to hit them regardless, although the preparation is knocked out of kilter. Just remember to moan is just another excuse if you do badly.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is good, all the best to you all and I look forward to reading the results. I reckon 93 to be too low a score and that 97-98 will win it and no doubt will be someone who doesn't feature regular in the comp standings. Assuming Phil Thorrold or Jed Welham are shooting and haven't shot already, being local lads, they could well win this one. Phil especially after his second in the Beretta. His lads handy as well :lol:

SS

No more than a 94 - the targets are way to inconsistent!!!!!!!

63 for me and I missed every battue, looper and overhead clay (all the targets my local shoot does not supply). My card was a mix of 1's and 2's or 5's and 6's.

Even if I hit a third of the battues, loopers and overheads I am currently blanking I reckon I could stick an easy 10 on my score. So, I am sort of pleased and disappointed all at the same time, knowing that if I want to go further I will have to get in my car and clock up time and miles I probably can't afford.

Good day out though and nice to see Jonesy make so many wasp friends today - way too many wapsies.

My prediction for PIN is 72 to 75.

Disappointing 60 for me.

Nothing tricked me as such, I just hit half of everything. There were deceiving birds but I would normally hit the first pair then miss the second clean.

Started badly from stand one, by the end of stand 3 I was demoralised, no pattern to the missing, doing the same thing that hit them first time, but missing. Never got my head back together really although the back half was getting better.

Disappointed with myself more because I know I am better than I showed today than anything else.

tp,

You should have shot this one Matey, very different targets to those that you'd find at the Horne or Southdown, all part of Sporting Clays rich tapestry of experience.

Nothing mega long, very few birds, (even the high tower), needed much lead, a lot of floating, semi-incoming, dropping stuff, quite a frustrating layout for many, (me included..!! ??? ).

Only one "silly" stand, I think it was 6 or 7, going away birds in the trees from 3 different traps, a sort of Super Sporting stand, the long © bird was a real eyesight test in the sun / trees combination, apart from that, no excuses for me, I can't rubbish the layout, even though it did take nearly 3 & a half hours to shoot, due to earlier delays.

I finished on a very mediocre 81 :P , I only straighted one stand, the L/R battue & going away, kept missing the odd one on every stand, a very lacklustre performance that just about sums up my entire years clay shooting.

I felt a bit sorry for my good friend Martin, who went to the last stand only 6 away, all he needed to do was to straight it to take the lead, unfortunately he missed two, so is now in second place, which is where I ended up back in '92..!! B)

Well done to Mungler & Pin, you will hopefully learned a lot from today, and very well done to Jonesy, who didn't have the best of days, but still managed to straight more stands than me..!! :good::lol:

Cat.

tp,

You should have shot this one Matey, very different targets to those that you'd find at the Horne or Southdown, all part of Sporting Clays rich tapestry of experience.

Cat.

Yep, i've been eyeing this thread wishing hard that i was going but some commitments you just can't shirk

gassing to a mate this afternoon who shot yesterday who echoed exactly what you guys have said about the shoot, technically tricky

well done to all

when will it be announced next years venues for the biggys

tp,

Cat.

Yep, i've been eyeing this thread wishing hard that i was going but some commitments you just can't shirk

gassing to a mate this afternoon who shot yesterday who echoed exactly what you guys have said about the shoot, technically tricky

well done to all

when will it be announced next years venues for the biggys

They normally don't announce the venues until early March.

Cat.

Well I was offically rubbish but I really did enjoy the shoot. I finished on 61 and I definitely could have done better but it's gone now so onwards and upwards as they say.

OMG just how many wasps, a big up thank you to Mungler who spent all morning taking one for the team and being swarmed in them. I hate them, they were all over us. I actually had to leave a stand midway through shooting screaming like a girl..... ???

I found it was all or nothing, I straighted 3 of the hardest stands there but then couldn't get my **** together on the rest of them, with 15 stands once you start going 1 away 2 away that's it, curtains. I've got nothing to moan about target wise, I think by looking at the scores everyone will agree that it wasn't easy which is exactly how the Majors should be. You can't expect to go there as a B or C Class and hit your average, they are supposed to show just how good the big boys really are. I think that the 93 that was in for 3 days shows exactly that.

Mungler managed to burn his eyes on one stand by staring straight into the sun and then didn't see the target at all :P I think he said, Oh no I'm blinded and staggered out of the stand with his arms outstretched.

Well it was great to shoot with you again Mungler and well done also thanks for the facinating Drangonfly factoid. :good:

Well done to everyone that shot it :lol:

Jonsey