At last....

Walker570

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've got a few growing here Mel.

id love a few to plant in my woodland steve , but theyre a non native , so i cant mate :unhappy: . if you have any saplings left at the end , the guy that had the other saplings would be over the moon with them .

Just now, mel b3 said:

id love a few to plant in my woodland steve , but theyre a non native , so i cant mate  . if you have any saplings left at the end , the guy that had the other saplings would be over the moon with them .

I'll probably have quite a few Mel. PM me his address again and I'll get them posted to him.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Red oak are a very attractive tree , and they certainly stand out from the crowd . Did you buy it in nev , or grow it from an acorn? .

Grown from an acorn snuck in from my families place in Maine.  I have four nice young trees growing in the wood.

I don't know where steve B W got his acorns from because mine have to date not rpoduced any.  They are very attractive and the tree in Maine was about 100yrs old and last we visited in late September and it was a picture.

Edited by Walker570

2 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I'll probably have quite a few Mel. PM me his address again and I'll get them posted to him.

ill text it over mate . its not my mate that gave you permission , its for a woodland trail type thing on another farm that he owns.

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Grown from an acorn snuck in from my families place in Maine.  I have four nice young trees growing in the wood.

they certainly make a handsome addition to any woodland nev .

34 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I don't know where steve B W got his acorns from because mine have to date not rpoduced any.  They are very attractive and the tree in Maine was about 100yrs old and last we visited in late September and it was a picture.

Me neither, but it was someone on here who sent them.