Reloading job lot

foxbasher

Thats been sat in a cupboard for a while, handguns/pistols were banned in 1997.

I'd be careful who you sell that too, the law is quite specific about reloading stuff, and with the addition of these components being for an 'illegal to hold privately' weapon

“(6A) A person commits an offence if—

(a) the person has in his or her possession or under his or her control the component parts of ammunition; and

(b) the person intends to use such articles to manufacture the component parts into ammunition.

The press and scales are worth selling as are the long barrel/rifle components or at least your potential customer base will be larger.

Its my understanding, Archibold Criminal Pleadings Evidence & Practice 2012, says the test for deciding if an Item is "ammunition" is wether it is capable of producing a explosive effect.

As mentioned by Miki, There is no current sec 6a it was a bill not yet in force, and in any case possesing component parts of ammunition, dies etc are not a criminal offence, you could make dummy rounds and sell them, as per any militaria show, World Wide arms, etc, If you used live primers, powder, your doing time.

You can buy any of the above items at any RFD that sells reloading equipment and none of the items are prohibited.

what you can’t buy and are not included in this sale are primers or reloading powders, when buying powder or primers the RFD requires you to produce your FAC the same as if you were buying any ammunition for a rifle or pistol.

Well nearly right Stuarta, a firearms cert to purchase primers, to be viewed only by the RFD, powders don't need the cert, not since I last purchased powder, and to clarify any ammo is entered on your cert, primers are not.