Accupel

bunnybasher07

hi all, my favorate pellet to shoot rabbits and targets with is accupel but when i got a new batch its shooting everywhere :whistling: and i dont know why its not my gun because it was shooting great with my last batch so i was wondering if any one uses any other (all round) pellets they could recomend so i can give them a try cheers :rolleyes::drinks:

I used accupels in the Lightining and they were very very good.

When I got the S400 I went to Napier hunter (only ones I could get at the time) shot loads with them then went to Bisley long range gold, they were poo poo considering they were twice the price.

Try cleaning the barrel first and then try again.

At the moment tho using Napier Hunter :whistling:

hi all, my favorate pellet to shoot rabbits and targets with is accupel but when i got a new batch its shooting everywhere :whistling: and i dont know why its not my gun because it was shooting great with my last batch so i was wondering if any one uses any other (all round) pellets they could recomend so i can give them a try cheers :rolleyes::drinks:

bisley i use either pest control(awesome pellet) or super field both do the job well!!

I stay with Accupell in my Falcon because they work well with the bolt setup I have. I tried Bisley Superfield, but they seemed to jam a lot more (bolt fas a flat face and the Accupells have a flat end to the skirt section.

An added bonus is that the flat skirt makes seeing the flight at night a doddle as it lights up in the lamp like a tracer when seen through the scope!

Accupels are very very good IMO. I use them through my AAS410 and there the best pellet I have used by far. :whistling:

The rabbits dont think so thoe :drinks::rolleyes:

have you cleaned your barrel? if so that could be the problem

Or your barrel may need a clean ? and then re-zero ?

has your stock or scope worked loose?

Eliminate some of the above before blaming the pellets. you may have a bad batch of pellets? weigh a sample of pellets out individually to see if the weights are all the same or there abouts,

Good luck and keep us posted.

kipper :yahoo:

My HW95k doesn't like Accupels either. Throws them all over the place.

Tried some HWS super H points and I can group them very tight and very consistent. They also do the business on the rabbits extremely well too. They do make more of a thwack than say a domed head pellet though on impact.

I have also used the bisley pest control pellets and they were on a par with the HWS ones.

try dynamic air bullets i used them down range and from 25 metres was getting good grouping they are expensive the other god hunting pellet i use is the bisley premier pointed very very accurate with my lightning also tried bisley magnum weighty pellet for about 15 -20 metres

don't rate them at all fired through to different rifles and not grouping well at all, tried most but will stick with accupells so far with out a doubt the best imo

bernie

I shoot with 3 brands of pellet mostly. Rightly or wrongly i think Accupells & AA field fly faster than Bisley magnums and although each are all accurate and consistant in their trajectory, for long shots i.e. over 50 meters i prefer either of the lighter pellets. The mags hit hard and are exellent on large rooks and maggies hitting home with a real smack. I shoot a Daystate at 30ft/lbs.

you dont say what rifle your using,the accupel are as some others will tell you either the best pellet for your gun or theyre bobbins, the only other pellet i use ars crosman premiers at 7.9 in 177, work great in my hw 97k and my bsa xl,my buddy uses them in his tx 200,all great gear, the daystate and air arms are to inconsistant, i like to plink at bottle tops up to 120 + yds and the only pellets good enough are crosmans 177 /7.9 gr and a 16 ft pound hw 97k,realy amazing stuff.

My HW95k doesn't like Accupels either. Throws them all over the place.

Tried some HWS super H points and I can group them very tight and very consistent. They also do the business on the rabbits extremely well too. They do make more of a thwack than say a domed head pellet though on impact.

I have also used the bisley pest control pellets and they were on a par with the HWS ones.

I find that very surprising...nothing goes through my HW95k better than Accupels!

Just goes to show, you need to test as much as you can!

• 4 weeks later...

I used to shoot Accupels and the only reason I actually moved away from them was the price. In my attempt to find a similar pellet I have tried Bisley LRG (got a couple of tins cheap) and they were fine but now I cannot get any except at a ridiculous price, AGS Elite - inconsistent and dirty, AA Field - fine but finally settled on Wasps .22 as they shoot consistently well and accurate in both my S400 and tuned XS78. The bonus is that they a £2/500 cheaper than Accupels. Accupels are good but not as clean as the Bisley LRG or AA Field and none are as cheap as Wasps. Works for me but as is always being said - it's horses for courses.

I used to shoot Accupels and the only reason I actually moved away from them was the price. In my attempt to find a similar pellet I have tried Bisley LRG (got a couple of tins cheap) and they were fine but now I cannot get any except at a ridiculous price, AGS Elite - inconsistent and dirty, AA Field - fine but finally settled on Wasps .22 as they shoot consistently well and accurate in both my S400 and tuned XS78. The bonus is that they a �2/500 cheaper than Accupels. Accupels are good but not as clean as the Bisley LRG or AA Field and none are as cheap as Wasps. Works for me but as is always being said - it's horses for courses.

ive used both the crossman and bisley and found that for .177 the bisley is very very good ( although i tend to steer clear at the mo because the 10.6g weight of the magnums puts my rifle over the legal limit) whereas the crossman worked well in my .22 (pcp/AA s200 and springer/smk db4 delux respectively) my brother has a hw100 and he uses crossman powerpell with very good results

lee :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...