what shampoo for dogs??

mosa

Hello there, this may be a daft question but is there a shampoo i should use on my dog as she smells like ****. I have seen different types in pet shops but was wondering if everyday use stuff will do ?? cheers in advance for any replies :lol:

She may smell ,orrible but be careful you dont shampoo her too much in winter so she loses all the oil in her coat and has reduced protection against cold water etc.

I have seen aftershave labelled "wet gundog" anyone brave enough to try it? B)

:P D2D

I use stuff from lidl but if realy bad like rolling in dead fish etc then tiny & i mean tiny amount of jay's in a bucket of water & wash them down with that but never had to do.

jeyes fluid is poisonous for dogs even using it to clean the knenells nevermind bathing it on them (it builds up in their body )

v-max if it is jeyes fluid you are using i wouldn't if i was you

bry

Hello & yes i know jey's is bad stuff never use or had too as i said.It's also bad for ferret's & i dont use for kennel cleaning either.I have stuff called fam30 & good stuff.I had a mate's dog roll in dead fish & it smelt like a wild goat or worse & tryed load's of stuff & he ended up with a very little spot in water & it helped the smell a great deal & dog fine but this was year's ago.There is more knowledge of jey's badness now & better safer product's on the market.

Hello & yes i know jey's is bad stuff never use or had too as i said.It's also bad for ferret's & i dont use for kennel cleaning either.I have stuff called fam30 & good stuff.I had a mate's dog roll in dead fish & it smelt like a wild goat or worse & tryed load's of stuff & he ended up with a very little spot in water & it helped the smell a great deal & dog fine but this was year's ago.There is more knowledge of jey's badness now & better safer product's on the market.

v-max i wasn't having a go at you i haveonly learnt this in the past 2yr or so , cause i used to use it all the time to wash the kennels out .

Bry

Your dog will do it's best to scent asap if you shampoo it.

They find reynard scat good to go ;)

LB

Tiggy Winkles NOW that stuff really does pong! I personally don't think a well kept dog should need shampooing but on the odd occassion when things do get way too high then baby shampoo has to be best but would someone please explain why Jeyes Fluid shouldn't be used to clean out kennels as I've used it for years (mind you it might explain the dogs behaviour) and the formula has changed considerably since the bad old days of chemical overkill.