Water and sewerage company effluent discharges: supply chain failure RPS B2

Raja Clavata

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I have property this would apply to, a very minor bit form to fill out at worst until its sorted. 

Certainly not the ww3 George Osborne predicted, or the mass chaos Anna Soubry and her ilk threatened us with.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Thames water repeatedly pollute the Windrush via Witney Sewage works, the rivers now devoid of wild life around that area, and farmoor trout fishing clubs lovely lake is DEAD, !!!!!!

And its "cheaper" to pay compensation than fix, their's two letters involved here EA you can make of that what you will 

Water companies have ridden rough shod over regulations for decades, I could recount dozens of stories that would make you think I was making it up.... 

This is just another example where the EA is giving them more leeway to break more rules. 

Water companies and other firms who produce effluents are private companies, who have known for several years that we were leaving, much like fruit pickers and hauliers, they had ample time to prepare, recruit and store materials, they chose not to, and now its the government's fault? 

It's about time PRIVATE firms started taking responsibility for their own enterprise, and not keep blaming the government for their short sightedness and mistakes, whilst simultaneously asking to be bailed out by them. 

On 01/10/2021 at 10:44, Rewulf said:

Water companies have ridden rough shod over regulations for decades, I could recount dozens of stories that would make you think I was making it up.... 

This is just another example where the EA is giving them more leeway to break more rules. 

Water companies and other firms who produce effluents are private companies, who have known for several years that we were leaving, much like fruit pickers and hauliers, they had ample time to prepare, recruit and store materials, they chose not to, and now its the government's fault? 

It's about time PRIVATE firms started taking responsibility for their own enterprise, and not keep blaming the government for their short sightedness and mistakes, whilst simultaneously asking to be bailed out by them. 

Yes this isn't a new phenomenon - or even a phenomenon. It's been a constant bugbear of anyone who lives near or loves the river networks in this country. The EU talked a good talk about water quality, but it's not actually made a blind bit of difference in most places. In fact this is one area where being out of the EU should bring obvious dividends. A tailor-made water and environment plan will make far more of an impact than guidelines from the continent that aren't enforced and are almost deliberately vague so companies can more easily flout the rules. I can't see the rivers of the European industrial heartland being particularly clean; the Danube is an absolute state, despite flowing through several EU states