What Scope

pavman

The little logun numbers are quite handy but if you ever wanted to shoot out any further i'd suggest a Deben Tracer.

Just bought a Lightforce 170 over here, with a dimmer and so far it's been overkill. :lol:

i have a deben tracer stinger which is permently mounted. its a great little torch type with a pressure pad switch. i found the light really good up to about 60mtrs but the batteries dont last long if its used almost constantly well worth the 40 notes it cost, heres a link to debens web site hope it proves usefull

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/tracer...hts/stinger.php

lee :lol:

The little logun numbers are quite handy but if you ever wanted to shoot out any further i'd suggest a Deben Tracer.

Just bought a Lightforce 170 over here, with a dimmer and so far it's been overkill. :lol:

i have a deben tracer stinger which is permently mounted. its a great little torch type with a pressure pad switch. i found the light really good up to about 60mtrs but the batteries dont last long if its used almost constantly well worth the 40 notes it cost, heres a link to debens web site hope it proves usefull

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/tracer...hts/stinger.php

lee :lol:

I bought one exactly like that from Ebay for about £20! It has the same mount and pressure switch, just no red filter.

I used it purely for close range ratting with the 97k. It proved to be a great set up!

The batterys are very expensive though and don't last long. I ended up buying bulk online from China (Panasonic though).

You'd have been struggling past 20 metres with it though.

i also use the deben mini pro, but in a recent thread a few guys mentioned using the 170 as well as the deben and prefered the 170 by a long way. i guess when someones had both theres your answer.

Maybe on a centre fire but on an airrifle i would think it would be much too powerfull :lol:

Like i said i've even found it overkill on the .223 WSSM!

Pavman

A Deben Tracer Max Pro should do you for that kind of range (but dont belive that it can shine 400mtrs - 100mtr is about right for quarry recognition),

but if you intend on shooting any futher a Lightforce RMSM 140 or 170 is the way to go mate :lol:

i have had and used both to great effect - but i would peronally buy a light force and make sure i got 1 with the dimmer switch on and then you can make it as dim or bright as you want ( gives you better range use and also saves on battery power)

^ What he said. The max is light, and bright, and is best used with a dimmer. Fine for rimfire ranges. I do know people who use these for foxing but overwhelmingly the bigger lamps are the foxshooters choice, and if you have any aspirations to move up the calibre "ladder" later on, Lightforce is the way to go.

The Deben Atom Tactical will now do all you want as they at long last have a better battery pack which is carried in a pouch on the rifle butt. There are no trailing wires to tangle anywhere or keep plugging in and out everytime you lay your gun down somewhere.

The lamp is now good for everywhere an fac air would reach, and is small enough to fit into a rifle bag while still on the scope - and has an adjustable snap on mount that fits 25mm and 30mm scope tubes. Further, it has light turrets that allow you to not light up almost 180 degrees ahead of you - and the 4 degree sealed unit reflector bulb focus's the light only where it's needed. If you have keen eyesight you will also find there is a slighly brighter centre to the beam pattern than near the perimeter.

This is in my opinion the ultimate 100 yard lamp if you hunt for long hours alone or on foot and dont want the lamp to keep fouling on you, your clothing, trees or anything else. There is also a flip up filter for it. Howver the best things dont come cheap - it's about £130 which includes the essential dimmer that will extend it's shooting time. You will also find that while you CAN light up a longer distance, lowest light levels are more succesfull in terms of how many rabbits you bring home. It's all about getting close to the bunny whilst it remains blissfully unaware of your stalk. Add more brightness or hunting time if you get an even better battery made up.

If however you hunt from a vehicle ignore the above and get a monster lamp that you dont need to carry around.

Pavman

A Deben Tracer Max Pro should do you for that kind of range (but dont belive that it can shine 400mtrs - 100mtr is about right for quarry recognition),

Something is wrong with your lamp tully or you need to get those cataracts removed :good: ........Seriously though mine as a very good beam when not diffused by a colour shade on it and when compared side to side with the 140 I thought my particular Deben pipped it .

Pavman

My experience tells me you don't get a lamp that'll suit the ranges you intend to shoot but one that can scan a good distance and range allowing you to spot the quarry and creep up on it from range.

A dimmer is a must on a powerfull lamp and when a good red filter is fitted a 400m beam soon turns into a 100m job .

Just my 2p's worth.

The Deben Atom Tactical will now do all you want as they at long last have a better battery pack which is carried in a pouch on the rifle butt. There are no trailing wires to tangle anywhere or keep plugging in and out everytime you lay your gun down somewhere.

The lamp is now good for everywhere an fac air would reach, and is small enough to fit into a rifle bag while still on the scope - and has an adjustable snap on mount that fits 25mm and 30mm scope tubes. Further, it has light turrets that allow you to not light up almost 180 degrees ahead of you - and the 4 degree sealed unit reflector bulb focus's the light only where it's needed. If you have keen eyesight you will also find there is a slighly brighter centre to the beam pattern than near the perimeter.

This is in my opinion the ultimate 100 yard lamp if you hunt for long hours alone or on foot and dont want the lamp to keep fouling on you, your clothing, trees or anything else. There is also a flip up filter for it. Howver the best things dont come cheap - it's about £130 which includes the essential dimmer that will extend it's shooting time. You will also find that while you CAN light up a longer distance, lowest light levels are more succesfull in terms of how many rabbits you bring home. It's all about getting close to the bunny whilst it remains blissfully unaware of your stalk. Add more brightness or hunting time if you get an even better battery made up.

If however you hunt from a vehicle ignore the above and get a monster lamp that you dont need to carry around.

Dave any idea how long the lamp will last in the field! have checked out this set up and it looks like a wish list at xmas at £130

Theimportant thing here is to remeber tha a red filter will cut your lamps output by 60%. So to get 75 yards shooting you need a pretty good lamp. I hae to say, i'm with Ive on this one. The Deben Max Pro is robust, light in weight, very powerful and will last a good evenings lamping. Its not over priced and will be in my kit box as long as I shoot.

• 6 months later...

I use a Wolf Eyes 9A tactical torch on my Rapid MK11 in .25 cal FAC

like a large surefire you see mounted on tatical cop guns- that are all the rage in modern cop shows.

I get several hours of 200+ lumens of focussed beam and it take 2 min to change the batteries and i can carry 3 sets of baterries in the same space as a packet of smokes

later

p