Hereford bull...

gamekeeper1960

Started another little project over Christmas, a promise to an old friend of mine who is a butcher to make him a stick with a bulls head on top not something I've tried before but I'm willing to give anything a try (course you never know until you do) so this is how it's going still not quite happy with the throat area but slowly slowly is far better.20211229_222955.jpg.f0c4c200c6827a28f3054a3d92337cac.jpgwill keep you posted as it  comes along...DB...20211229_225731.jpg.a58cec00388003182fea1b52c206b6d7.jpg

It is looking very good to me and you will always have problems with thick necked animals when trying to top a stick with them.  Looking forward to seeing the finished item.  Brilliant so far.   Wish this was 60years ago as I would have had you make one for my father, cattle buyer and he would have loved that.

17 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It is looking very good to me and you will always have problems with thick necked animals when trying to top a stick with them.  Looking forward to seeing the finished item.  Brilliant so far.   Wish this was 60years ago as I would have had you make one for my father, cattle buyer and he would have loved that.

Thanks Walker, I'll keep you posted...👍

20211231_103956.jpg.4122e890cc5b5fc8ee138572fb96bd12.jpg

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Looking good ..... maybe the photo blanking it out but expect to see a bit of curly hair down from the horn line maybe.  Hopefully not grandmother teaching to suck eggs..

It just looks like a young bull at the moment in my view....aimi to be constructive.

He's a butcher so it's got to be under 30 months...😉

But thanks for pointing out what looks like a lack of curls just retextured the front part of the face so hopefully looks clearer..

DB...

Edited by gamekeeper1960

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

AWESOME he is going to be over the moon with that.

👍

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Absolutely superb!   :good:

👍

32 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

That is what you call a prime cut.

👍 Thanks guys ..

And if I don't get a chance to get on line later to night may I wish you one and all a Happy peaceful and Prosperous New Year....