Commemorative coin.

mel b3

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I've just had another quick look ( I looked the other day , but their was too many to wrap my head around) , and the 2022 gold sovereign is sort of a commemorative coin , so I think that's the way to go.

Thankyou for the advice guys👍.

Ps. My Mrs thinks that I should get him a cheaper silver coin , and put the rest of the money into his bank account.  Women are just no fun.

Visually you get much bang for your bucks from Silver for about £400 you can have a 1/2 kg bar of silver or 8 grams in a gold sovereign about 0.28 oz not much different to a 1p coin.

These look nice 10 oz Silver coin 2022.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/silver-coins/silver-queens-beast/10oz-silver-coin-white-greyhound-queens-beast/

16 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

Visually you get much bang for your bucks from Silver for about £400 you can have a 1/2 kg bar of silver or 8 grams in a gold sovereign about 0.28 oz not much different to a 1p coin.

These look nice 10 oz Silver coin 2022.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/silver-coins/silver-queens-beast/10oz-silver-coin-white-greyhound-queens-beast/

You've just put an idea in my head.  I could buy him a 1/2 kg bar of silver for each birthday and Christmas each year .  It would be a nice little weigh in for him when he gets older.

I would buy him a chunk of shares each birthday. Get him interested and it will be worth far more in education and cash than any lump of silver. Do you want to see him hord and squirrel away or being adventurous and profitable? 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I would buy him a chunk of shares each birthday. Get him interested and it will be worth far more in education and cash than any lump of silver. Do you want to see him hord and squirrel away or being adventurous and profitable? 

In all honesty grant , I'd rather see him sensible and squirrel away . 

I'm sensible and save and squirrel away. I don't have much , but everything that I have is mine , and life is stress free.

In contrast .

My brother is a risk taker . He spends half of his time living like a millionaire,  and half his time living like a pauper . It suits him just fine , but it certainly wouldn't be the life that I would want to live , and I certainly wouldn't wish it on my grandson. 

Don't worry , he will be very very well educated in how to make a quid 😁.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

he dosnt need to forge now ......he is a livestock farmer now ..:yahoo:

hand reared hamsters.....very lucretive....cournered the market he has.......

Going commercial was the only way that I could keep up with your demand for hamsters 🐹

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Going commercial was the only way that I could keep up with your demand for hamsters 🐹

you've cleaned me out on ginger essense..........the market has reacted and the price has doubled.....ive even got offers for buying in next years harvest...........

35 minutes ago, ditchman said:

you've cleaned me out on ginger essense..........the market has reacted and the price has doubled.....ive even got offers for buying in next years harvest...........

I bet putin is going mad , now that you've taken over Russia,  as the world's biggest ginger producer. 

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I bet putin is going mad , now that you've taken over Russia,  as the world's biggest ginger producer. 

ive missiles all over the place on roads in and out of norfolk.......so far he has backed down on invading us....'cause he knows what we do to prisoners ..........we sort of bypass the geneve convention...its not in it anyway