charging for children at the game fair?

quentyn

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I very much doubt a decent "Country" Show is recoverable.

A Ploughing Match with Clay Pigeon Shooting, Gun Dogs being worked, trials, animals on show, maybe some horse jumping, a vegetable and flower show and some "country" orientated stalls. A small tented bar and some good food with maybe an iced cream van. Suitable parking on a field not a million miles away from the shooting and a reasonable charge for entry.

NOT too much to hope for, is it?

Sounds like our village show 10 days ago (wrong time for ploughing but with vintage and modern farm machinery but sadly site not suitable for a shoot)  -  13K + paying visitors.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think the problem is, as I mentioned above, a co-op/non-profit village show might be ok, but I just don't think you can (sustainably) scale it up to something the size of the Gamefair.  You need professional organisation.  And those people cost money, so you have be operating on a for-profit basis.

I agree. You'd have to make it small. Exhibitors would be doing you a bit of favour in attending. The vibe would be different.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A Ploughing Match with Clay Pigeon Shooting, Gun Dogs being worked, trials, animals on show, maybe some horse jumping, a vegetable and flower show and some "country" orientated stalls. A small tented bar and some good food with maybe an iced cream van. Suitable parking on a field not a million miles away from the shooting and a reasonable charge for entry.

Give it fifteen years!

In the meantime, I'm going old school:

Haddenham Steam Rally is a traditional steam and country fair and has something for everyone. Whether you are an avid steam enthusiast or just looking for a day out with the family there is something for all to enjoy. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and accessible rally. We are a completely volunteer run organisation that raises money for many local charities and causes.

You will find over 600 exhibits from steam engines, Vintage Cars, stationary engines, vintage tractors and Lorries, to the old tyme fair, which for some years has included Rules steam driven Gallopers, one of the finest sets in the country and Ken Foxes world famous "Wall of Death".

-10th and 11th September 

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

thats like the Aylsham show 75 years its been running....children under 16 free...free parking...if you pay in advance it is £20 quid entry to every where.........kids climb all over the new tractors lots of stickers lollipops..give-aways....animals in tents everywhere