Underlever

jamesleee123

I've been thinking of getting a 77, 97 or tx 200 for a while now. Should I buy a good second hand one or a new one? If I did get a new one would I need to fit a tbt kit, and if so would that void any warranty. Everyone I know seems to have some form of tuning on their springers  is it really that necessary on a brand new rifle costing 500+.

Cheers for any advice 

All good guns. I have a 77k and a 97k and as soon as I find a reasonable tx I'll have one of them. And a 77 and a 97 and a tx200 hc. 🤣

Even the tx at about £150 more than a 97k is made to a price and on a production line. They all benefit from a fettle, but I didn't do anything to the 97k for 10 years as I didn't think I needed to. Its now got the tbt maxi pro kit in with the short stroke extension and shoot very nicely. Having shot the 77k the other week I'm considering which tune to treat that to as its got a bit of twang.

If you don't want to void any warranty just give the internals a good polish and minimal lube, I think I'll start with that on the 77k.

In short, get one, whichever one you want use it for a while, make sure its bedded in, about a tin of pellets to be on the safe side and enjoy it. Then you can see how you like it before you make the decision. 

Looks like I'll have to look for a "as new" 77 as the uk version of the weihrauch website doesn't list the 77 anymore only the 77k. It deffo used to be on there.

It's still on the German website. But then the 97L isn't on the German site but I could order one from The Netherlands. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I bought a new TX200HC about 3 years ago I think (I am not very good with the passing of time and how long ago events were) but I never had it tuned and don't plan to.

Picked it up for the first time in months just last week and got a magpie at 50 yards with first shot. It is a very accurate and powerful air rifle, weighs a ton though!