Pub landlord

scouser

Getting back to the original post l get how the costs are affecting everybody but Weatherspoon's face the same bills and are still selling the cheapest drink and food out there . and have still produced there savings books for students 

Last time i was in Pitlochery the local pubs had bought a spare piece of ground to stop weather spoons getting in on the tourist trade

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Getting back to the original post l get how the costs are affecting everybody but Weatherspoon's face the same bills and are still selling the cheapest drink and food out there . and have still produced there savings books for students 

Last time i was in Pitlochery the local pubs had bought a spare piece of ground to stop weather spoons getting in on the tourist trade

Yes but Weatherspoons has massive bulk buying power compared to a stand alone pub.

Just now, Bigbob said:

Yes but most pubs are now owned by a brewing chain 

They tend to have a rather parasitic relationship with their tenants. I'm sure there is much more they could and should do

My son in law's father was a publican for decades and from what I have heard his relationship with the several breweries he worked for was far from a happy one.

9 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

They tend to have a rather parasitic relationship with their tenants. I'm sure there is much more they could and should do

My son in law's father was a publican for decades and from what I have heard his relationship with the several breweries he worked for was far from a happy one.

This .

No matter how much a Tennant makes , the brewery will just screw them for every penny .

18 hours ago, mel b3 said:

This .

No matter how much a Tennant makes , the brewery will just screw them for every penny .

at one time ...when the tied pub did food ...sarnies ....chicken in the basket etc...which was usually done by the wife...monies earned belonged to the wife /partner.........

BUT.................when after a few years the breweries found out how much money was being taken......they set their lawyers to altering the terms and conditions of the lease....which started off.. taking a %...which has steadily increased

as a tenant you are screwed at every level............

Well i am happy to go to spoons bus pass up the town save £3.50 on parking right away got a few books of tokens couple of pints and cheap food after my shopping should last to xmas if im carefull with vouchers 

Last time we where out as a group from work i pulled out the books and the only bad point was you had to drink the spirit named on the voucher probably one that doesnt usually sell . but once we had that sorted we had a great night and a meal to sober us up at the end . Then i went up to a group of girls and asked are you staying till closing time ,they warily said yeas why ?.and i gave them the remaining books so they could enjoy there evening .

Fast foreward to when the pubs opened after lockdown we had another night out and next day one guy says what happened i spent £300 i cant account for so a few pubs are doing okay LOL