Tiguan or Yeti

DazAllison

Looking for a new motor and had VAG cars for years and never had any issues so would like to try and stick with them. I’m needing something that could do a bit of light of roading down farm tracks/ stubbles etc but still be able to put the miles in on the motorway and have space for the kids etc. I’ve read a lot about the yetis and the seem good but the Tiguan has a little more ground clearance and bit bigger boot so was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Tiguan as a shooting/family car? Obviously I’m well aware of it’s limits regarding not a proper 4x4 with a low box etc and ground clearance can be an issue but I do to many miles to warrant a pickup etc so need something a bit more practical for day to day life

I have just been through the same process looking at the same cars 🙂 Sold my Hilux as it was too shoot orientated anjd I needed a larger load space with economy as I am up and down to the coast. To me the Yeti is near perfect with great space for it's size but the front undertray is just too vulnerable to even longer grass let alone stubbles. It might be better with the 'off road varient' but I was not impressed. Tiguan was a good choice but I could get a newer lower mileage CRV for the money so bought one of those.

Good to hear you get service from VAG we have an audi which is a great runabout but has had some surprising breakages for a not so old car.

Edited by oowee

I had a 170 bhp dsg Yeti and now have a Subaru Forester.  Never had an issue with the Yeti on stubbles or rough tracks but I do prefer the Forester because it has more space and is extremely comfortable.  The Yeti was still a great car and better on fuel but prices are crazy.  I bought mine a 17k mile 2015 Plate Elegance in 2017 for 13k  and they are still making that or more now, should have sold mine private and not px/d.

Edited by Weihrauch17

I was looking at both of these a while back and ended up getting a 4WD Dacia Duster as it has a higher ground clearance than the Yeti.

The Yeti does have the biggest volume for putting **** in the back, but I can still get a couple of Roe and other gear in the Duster.

Have a yeti Offroad  2.0l DSG and love it.Does ordinary shoot day stuff without drama and pigeon shooting runs .Catches the odd strand of grass etc at front and just don`t go near rape stubble !!!!!!!!Great road car42-45 on a run but will do 52+ IF you keep to 60mph or below ,HTH.

On 10/09/2022 at 06:21, matone said:

Sunroofs are the bain of many a car,big no no for me ! 

I’m the same, FIL bought a new 540 and ordered with a sunroof, 3 years later still not fully closing despite BMW having it back numerous times they have no idea how to fix it

Best part is he will still continue to buy BMW, 🤡