Diesel claim

snow white

1 hour ago, snow white said:

Hi as anybody put in for a diesel claim that is going round the internet or is it a scam to get your details 

I did a claim against VW for Dieselgate, it was a group claim, and the deadline to join the claim closed ages ago (possibly like 2+ years ago). 

The solicitors did not take 50% as VW settled out of court and VW as part of the settlement had to pay all the legal fees and paid out a set amount which was divided amongst all the claimants. 

I got a payout for mine. Not sure if we are supposed to disclose it. It was well worth doing, cost me nothing and a decent payout enough to buy a new gun etc. 

I put the claim in about 5+ years ago when it first started and it’s been a slow process ever since. 

Mine was with a proper solicitors and not some advert that was on Facebook or similar. 

I would be very careful looking into who you sign up to anything with, as lots of dodgy third parties will just sell your contact details on or do some basic form and want a large cut of your money if you get any. 

Edited by Lloyd90

1 hour ago, snow white said:

Hi as anybody put in for a diesel claim that is going round the internet or is it a scam to get your details 

Just checked and the solicitor that led my claim was Slater & Gordon. 

I used to work in the legal field and they are a well known firm, although I think I initially signed up with a different (well known also) firm, but they merged our claims together. 

22 minutes ago, London Best said:

Can someone please explain how exactly all these claimants have been damaged by VW and other companies?
As I understand it, they lied about their products emissions. How did that adversely affect you?

Loss of earnings & inconvenience of having to return your personal vehicle/ work vechile to vw for them to reprogram the injectors. We had three work vans that needed this doing still currently have one. Have upgraded the other two due to high mileage & new clean air acts coming in place 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just checked and the solicitor that led my claim was Slater & Gordon. 

I used to work in the legal field and they are a well known firm, although I think I initially signed up with a different (well known also) firm, but they merged our claims together. 

What did you get paid out out of interest?

If you don't want to put it on here but don't mind spilling the beans then drop me a PM

49 minutes ago, London Best said:

Can someone please explain how exactly all these claimants have been damaged by VW and other companies?
As I understand it, they lied about their products emissions. How did that adversely affect you?

They mis-sold the vehicles under false pretences where they intentionally not only lied, but engineered a piece of machinery that specifically changed the way the cars worked in order to cheat emissions. 

This impacted the value of the vehicles when later sold on (I personally had issues with this), as well as many people reporting the cars didn’t run as well, or were less efficient after they VW’s cheat was found out and they had to “fix” the issue. 

The threshold for the case was would you have bought the car if you’d have known about the cheat device. 

I can genuinely say I would not have bought the car if I had known they had engineered and fitted a dodgy device to cheat the regulations the car had to adhere to. Therefore I was sold the car under false pretences. 

There have been court cases in many countries across the world, and the VW group to my knowledge have lost every case. 

Judging by your question I assume you think VW did nothing wrong. 

Well multiple courts of law have found them to be in the wrong and they have lost a lot of money from their dodgy trading. 

43 minutes ago, Mungler said:

What did you get paid out out of interest?

If you don't want to put it on here but don't mind spilling the beans then drop me a PM

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2022/may/25/volkswagen-settles-uk-dieselgate-claims-with-193m-payout

The average claim according to the Guardian was £2,100. 

Mine wasn’t quite as much, I think it depends on which vehicle you bought and the base cost etc etc.