Single 20 bore

Lloyd90

Looking for something like a single barrel 20 bore.

Ideally close to Bristol but beggars can't be choosers as they say. 

MAY end up cutting down the stock / barrel if needed, this is as a first shotgun to teach my nephew to shoot, so nothing special or heavy it goes without saying.

If anyone has a cheap double barrel 20 that is light enough may consider it. 

many thanks

Lloyd 

14 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Looking for something like a single barrel 20 bore.

Ideally close to Bristol but beggars can't be choosers as they say. 

MAY end up cutting down the stock / barrel if needed, this is as a first shotgun to teach my nephew to shoot, so nothing special or heavy it goes without saying.

If anyone has a cheap double barrel 20 that is light enough may consider it. 

many thanks

Lloyd 

Koffs do a junior 20 bore at not  much money brand new maybe worth looking into.

4 minutes ago, steveshoots said:

Koffs do a junior 20 bore at not  much money brand new maybe worth looking into.

Thanks Steve,

I had a look they're about £450 second hand I think (at least the ones on guntrader are). 

For a gun he will likely outgrow in a year or two I think a little single barrel would be a better start. 

As you know with kids, he may not even be interested once he tries it! 

We shall see :) 

I have a AYA Cosmos 20 Bore that I'd take £45 for cash on collection. I am up near Leicester at J21 of the M1 where it connects with the M69. I also have one, or two other maker's (Cooey) .410 and ditto a Harrington and Richardson single barrel 16 bore. All are £45 each. I am happy to sell to the OP or if others are interested if the OP doesn't want any or gets sorted elsewhere to others.

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, gustav said:

Good evening Lloyd,

I have a nice tidy little Sabel side by side with 26 inch barrels, weighs just under 6lb.
£100 to you and, as you know, you would only have to drive to Weston.

Alan.

Hello Alan :) Hope you are keeping well mate,

Do you know the LOP and chokes please mate? 

Assume it is 2 3/4" chamber? 

I will give the details to my Brother in law (will go on his licence).

We have been offered to use a 20 bore junior gun down mendip so will give that a go to see he likes it and if he does get something in :) 

I had a kofs  20b with junior stock .it kicked like a angry donky  even with 24 grm loads .totally unsuitable for a youth and I hated it so sold it on and I'm a  14 stone  builder .I swapped it for a 20b semi auto and the difference is night and day .soo much nicer to shoot .

I got the armsan a620 junior that comes with a short and long stock and a barrel  extension too .highly recommended  .

On 20/09/2022 at 20:41, Lloyd90 said:

Aye, reason I picked 20 bore is you can get subsonic carts and then move up to 21’s. 

Have you used subsonics in a 20 and did they make much difference? I picked up a lovely light 20g SxS and as otheres have said it kicks even with light cartridges. 

I'd have thought a .410 of even a light 12 bore if you're going to trim it would be better.