SuperGoose75

• 2 months later...
On 28/09/2022 at 08:19, SuperGoose75 said:

It works on the same principle as a sandwich maker. Two hot plates that heat up and then it's a press and seal that cooks the pastry and heats the filling. But instead of using bread it's designed for pastry. The one I have is only for two pies, but you can get one that has the capacity to make 4 pies.

I have a "Salter" brand one - deep fill similar to the Hairy Bikers one.ย  Works very well and you can freeze the pies.ย  This is a minced beef, mushroom, red pepper and onion one I made earlier in the pie maker.

IMG_3646.jpeg

Some delicious looking homemade pies there gentsย ๐Ÿฅงย 

Now I am all for homemade and quality ingrediants, but sometimes cheap and cheerful hits the spot. I have great memories of hot steak and kidney pies coming out of the range on a saturday evening after being bought off the mobile shop that came around. Eaten in front of an open fire and usually with a hammer horror film on the box. The taste of a small puff pastry pie always takes me back.

I picked these up in a super market over the Christmas period and I have to say they hit the spot for a snack and are handy to have in the freezer. Plenty of nice big pieces of kidney in them with a short crust.I made put them in a sandwich with HP sauce.

I bought this one for dinner from the local butcher this morning. Made in house using his own meat.! They are as good as homemade without all the hassle.

Screenshot_20230125-140318_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230125-140320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230125-140420_Gallery.jpg

Edited by SuperGoose75

• 5 weeks later...