Retirement Present

Bigbob

I just had a great couple of days away which my old supervisor picked for the collection at my work to be used on , I would have been easy pleased ,Give me the cash or equivalent in Vodka . Anyway i got a two night stay in a 300 year old big country house turned into a hotel choices fishing there bit of river £65 a day or walking LOL i retired  due to ill health i've no cartridge in my left knee and my rights going  the same way . I arrived early for the 3pm check in and my wife's going far too early they wont let us in  i replied i've booked afternoon tea that's why no motorway stops for crappy coffee went in and explained they said book in or afternoon tea first your choice ?. Big surprise  two afternoon teas £14'95 . Unpacked had a walk round a couple of drinks £10'80 no be getting drunk here then LOL . Went for tea one course £12 two courses £22  three courses £32  I had game terrine , then pheasant breast  ,1/2 a breast and a leg complete with sinews in  you want chips, roast , boiled potatoes with that £3 supplement , The wife's steak £14'50 supplement then my Cheese Board £3'00 supplement .Breakfast was nice till the toaster started smoking LOL .Went for a walk in the local town we got soaked police closed the high street due to slates falling from the roofs went back changed clothes fancied somewhere different for food nice hotel 2 miles away £100 for four courses be just as well i was £91 in supplements for eating at our hotel LOL 

Loved it though but even the receptionist   said there's nothing in town , should of stayed in the games room one snooker table and 7 jigsaws 

I always enjoy myself our dream breaks are 3/4 days away on last minute deals we had 3 days at a Christian retreat memo no Bar  every meal they wanted you to sit in different seats so you would talk to different people they picked somebody to come out and say prayers before every meal , I had the swimming pool to myself and it had big blue tiles at the bottom with Jesus Saves in it LOL been everywhere apart from Ireland  but always make the most of it and had a great time  

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

I just had a great couple of days away which my old supervisor picked for the collection at my work to be used on , I would have been easy pleased ,Give me the cash or equivalent in Vodka . Anyway i got a two night stay in a 300 year old big country house turned into a hotel choices fishing there bit of river £65 a day or walking LOL i retired  due to ill health i've no cartridge in my left knee and my rights going  the same way . I arrived early for the 3pm check in and my wife's going far too early they wont let us in  i replied i've booked afternoon tea that's why no motorway stops for crappy coffee went in and explained they said book in or afternoon tea first your choice ?. Big surprise  two afternoon teas £14'95 . Unpacked had a walk round a couple of drinks £10'80 no be getting drunk here then LOL . Went for tea one course £12 two courses £22  three courses £32  I had game terrine , then pheasant breast  ,1/2 a breast and a leg complete with sinews in  you want chips, roast , boiled potatoes with that £3 supplement , The wife's steak £14'50 supplement then my Cheese Board £3'00 supplement .Breakfast was nice till the toaster started smoking LOL .Went for a walk in the local town we got soaked police closed the high street due to slates falling from the roofs went back changed clothes fancied somewhere different for food nice hotel 2 miles away £100 for four courses be just as well i was £91 in supplements for eating at our hotel LOL 

Loved it though but even the receptionist   said there's nothing in town , should of stayed in the games room one snooker table and 7 jigsaws 

I may have missed it, but where was this???

Sound like a nice break and a thoughtful retirement present from your work place .

One way or the other I hope you have a long and happy retirement and your knees don't give up on you for a good few years , mine is very nearly 15 years now and still don't regret a single day .  GOOD LUCK. 

On 04/11/2022 at 13:32, Bigbob said:

I just had a great couple of days away which my old supervisor picked for the collection at my work to be used on , I would have been easy pleased ,Give me the cash or equivalent in Vodka . Anyway i got a two night stay in a 300 year old big country house turned into a hotel choices fishing there bit of river £65 a day or walking LOL i retired  due to ill health i've no cartridge in my left knee and my rights going  the same way . I arrived early for the 3pm check in and my wife's going far too early they wont let us in  i replied i've booked afternoon tea that's why no motorway stops for crappy coffee went in and explained they said book in or afternoon tea first your choice ?. Big surprise  two afternoon teas £14'95 . Unpacked had a walk round a couple of drinks £10'80 no be getting drunk here then LOL . Went for tea one course £12 two courses £22  three courses £32  I had game terrine , then pheasant breast  ,1/2 a breast and a leg complete with sinews in  you want chips, roast , boiled potatoes with that £3 supplement , The wife's steak £14'50 supplement then my Cheese Board £3'00 supplement .Breakfast was nice till the toaster started smoking LOL .Went for a walk in the local town we got soaked police closed the high street due to slates falling from the roofs went back changed clothes fancied somewhere different for food nice hotel 2 miles away £100 for four courses be just as well i was £91 in supplements for eating at our hotel LOL 

☺☺😊😃 I had to read that several times like a legal document.  Try putting some punctuation in it.  I think that place must be worth at least one star.  some of these cooks competions make me laugh when the chef proudly states "yes, I am the head chef at the ROYAL dog and duck".....  OK, so we'd like you to cook us an omelette.  To this the chef replies...  OH  I'm  sorry I can't  do that one. !!!  😊😊😊😊  you'll  have to get the correct  cartridges sorted out for you knee. 😁😂😃.  Happy retirement. 

Edit..  that place sounds about the same as the place in the tv advert where the customer queries the bill and is told that the first chip is £3.50 and each subsequent chip is a pound.  😂😃😆

Edited by Minky

On 04/11/2022 at 13:09, Bigbob said:

50 minutes ago, Minky said:

☺☺😊😃 I had to read that several times like a legal document.  Try putting some punctuation in it.  I think that place must be worth at least one star.  some of these cooks competions make me laugh when the chef proudly states "yes, I am the head chef at the ROYAL dog and duck".....  OK, so we'd like you to cook us an omelette.  To this the chef replies...  OH  I'm  sorry I can't  do that one. !!!  😊😊😊😊  you'll  have to get the correct  cartridges sorted out for you knee. 😁😂😃.  Happy retirement. 

Edit..  that place sounds about the same as the place in the tv advert where the customer queries the bill and is told that the first chip is £3.50 and each subsequent chip is a pound.  😂😃😆

3 stars it was a big old country house over 300 years old needs a few bob spent on it or it would be 5star

On 06/11/2022 at 19:31, Minky said:

You'll  have to get the correct  cartridges sorted out for your knee.

Is that the IRA medical centre method?