Hicmicro Alpex

steve_b_wales

No I have not I have the wraith on 17 hornet and the hikmicro aplex on 223 I could not convince myself that it works read loads about but at the end in small print I would check zero before going out .

I can’t see any point going out if there’s that bit of doubt it’s on zero I would not be very pleased walking round fields in the pitch black to find out it’s of zero .

Thats my thoughts on it

7 minutes ago, snow white said:

No I have not I have the wraith on 17 hornet and the hikmicro aplex on 223 I could not convince myself that it works read loads about but at the end in small print I would check zero before going out .

I can’t see any point going out if there’s that bit of doubt it’s on zero I would not be very pleased walking round fields in the pitch black to find out it’s of zero .

Thats my thoughts on it

Thanks. I used to have a Pulsar N750 which was 'supposed' to be able to be used on different rifles. But if you tightened the clamps up wrong the zero was out.

I'm tempted to by the Alpex and leave it on my .243, then use my Vulpine Mk3 for my other rifles.

I have the two night scopes as said I have not been out with the alpex yet I have shot couple hundred rabbits and half dozen fox over the last two years with the wraith on the 17 hornet I was quite happy with it but the 223 I didn’t use for two years that’s why I have put the alpex on it just a bit more power for fox if the wind drops over next couple nights I will be out foxing with it.

21 minutes ago, snow white said:

I have the two night scopes as said I have not been out with the alpex yet I have shot couple hundred rabbits and half dozen fox over the last two years with the wraith on the 17 hornet I was quite happy with it but the 223 I didn’t use for two years that’s why I have put the alpex on it just a bit more power for fox if the wind drops over next couple nights I will be out foxing with it.

I am very pleased with the Vulpine Mk3 NV especially when used with my Solaris SRX IR. It works well on all my scopes. I may just continue to use the Vulpine on them all, but do like the look and reviews on the Alpex.

12 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I bought an Alpex last week, mounted on my new 223 last night and went out and dropped a lovely big dog fox.

I intend to put it on my 22lr also, and set that up as a second profile. 

Will see how it goes  

Cheers Lloyd. I'm thinking of either fitting an Alpex to my .243 and leaving it on there, then using the Vulpine Mk3 on my other rifles, or, using the Alpex on all most of them. I think I'll wait until next year and decide then. Keep my updated on how the Alpex fares on your 2 rifles. :good:

3 hours ago, beanieboy said:

I've owned a number of digital scopes and have encountered issues with all of them holding zero. I now use the Vulpine Mk3 and shoot with a confidence I just don't get with the digital units. 

That's what I'm using at the moment, after trying various add on NV's plus a PARD 007. I just fancy the Alpex.

43 minutes ago, Okrang said:

It might be worth your while waiting to see what the new PARD DS35 Night Vision Scope 2K is like Steve.

Early pre-launch reviews are very positive!

Cheers,

John.

Thanks John. I've decided to wait until the new year and then decide what to have. As mentioned previously, I don't need an Alpex as I use a Vulpine Mk3 which is excellent, but I want one! :)

12 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks John. I've decided to wait until the new year and then decide what to have. As mentioned previously, I don't need an Alpex as I use a Vulpine Mk3 which is excellent, but I want one! 

Hello, I know what you mean Steve, I fancy the Hik Falcon 35 that Simon showed on his video 🤔🙄

On 24/11/2022 at 21:43, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks John. I've decided to wait until the new year and then decide what to have. As mentioned previously, I don't need an Alpex as I use a Vulpine Mk3 which is excellent, but I want one! :)

Another fox down to the Alpex. 

Same rifle, hasn’t been off the 223 yet, but held zero fine between sessions. 

08F2C38B-1E29-4795-BC54-FFEE4A35D9B7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Okrang said:

Took the plunge last week and ordered the new PARD DS35 Night Vision Scope direct from Pard in China.

It arrived the other day - been out zeroing it and setting up the ballistic calculator etc Have to say I am seriously impressed so far!

Cheers,

John.

did you get the 70 version with the lrf ?

1 hour ago, Okrang said:

Yes Dave, as far as I'm aware, the 50 is not yet available, even direct from Pard.

Fortunately, I wanted the 7o with lrf anyway, but those who are into rat shooting and close range stuff like that would probably do best to wait for the 50.

Cheers,

John.

thanks john seen some videos it looks the part, how does the range finder fair 

Range finder is accurate (I tested it against my Hawke one) and easy to operate, but I've still got to get my fingers to remember which buttons do what, without having to look! It's really very simple and intuitive - just takes practice to remember without having to think!

I have set up the ballistic calculator, but it was getting freezing cold and I wanted to get home for the football, so I've not yet tested it. I have ranged with it and it seems to be putting the hold over position marker in the right sort of place!

Cheers,

John.

1 hour ago, Okrang said:

Range finder is accurate (I tested it against my Hawke one) and easy to operate, but I've still got to get my fingers to remember which buttons do what, without having to look! It's really very simple and intuitive - just takes practice to remember without having to think!

I have set up the ballistic calculator, but it was getting freezing cold and I wanted to get home for the football, so I've not yet tested it. I have ranged with it and it seems to be putting the hold over position marker in the right sort of place!

Cheers,

John.

brilliant thanks john