TRAFFIC CHAOS.

DUNKS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

In other words "I don't care,I just want to tax the rich"

That's the thing, it's not the rich that are hit by this, it is those who cannot afford to get a vehicle that meets the ULEZ standards, but need to still enter the zone. Not to mention those who rely on family, who will now get less support if those family members have to pay £12.50 to now visit.

The fact that is does next to nothing to reduce emissions is irrelevant to Khant, as it makes the mayor's office revenue.

It's a stealth tax on those least able to afford it.

Edited by Newbie to this

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

That's the thing, it's not the rich that are hit by this, it is those who cannot afford to get a vehicle that meets the ULEZ standards, but need to still enter the zone.

The fact that is does next to nothing to reduce emissions is irrelevant to Khant, as it makes the mayor's office revenue.

It's a stealth tax on those least able to afford it.

The data indicates a significant reduction in pollution levels* and significantly serious fatal injuries". 

* National Atmospheric emissions inventory

* Science direct

" Lancet

9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Did you watch the video, the independent data, that he (Khan) doesn't agree with, suggests different.

Despite the positive changes in the eyes of Khan, the report revealed that the amount of nitrogen dioxide in the extended zone was 21% lower than reduction targets - showing that ULEZ was almost a fifth short of where it planned to be in its move towards becoming a greener city.

The data suggests that while the implantation and compliance of the ULEZ has been a success, it hasn’t had the desired impact that many thought it would.

However, it is important to consider other factors that could have impacted this over the past few years. These were also noted in the TfL report.

I see that even with the RAC spin on the report by TFL that results are not as good as expected but still a significant reduction. A pretty good start I would say as is the reduction in non compliant vehicles. I think you will find the more detailed reports above will give you a better picture. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Despite the positive changes in the eyes of Khan, the report revealed that the amount of nitrogen dioxide in the extended zone was 21% lower than reduction targets - showing that ULEZ was almost a fifth short of where it planned to be in its move towards becoming a greener city.

The data suggests that while the implantation and compliance of the ULEZ has been a success, it hasn’t had the desired impact that many thought it would.

However, it is important to consider other factors that could have impacted this over the past few years. These were also noted in the TfL report.

I see that even with the RAC spin on the report by TFL that results are not as good as expected but still a significant reduction. A pretty good start I would say as is the reduction in non compliant vehicles. I think you will find the more detailed reports above will give you a better picture. 

So did you watch the video, it's not someone on Youtube, it's directly from city hall. The information comes from the independent review done for the expansion consultation. 

The independent review states that it has not had the desired effect, infact cabon emissions are the same. Simply it hasn't worked.