Deerhunter coat

gmm243

Hi all,

Does anyone know the best way to reproof a Deerhunter coat? Was shooting woodcock today and it was pouring for the first hour..My coat was letting in badly,I was soaked through the coat,jumper and into the shirt.

I ended up wearing a cheap Trespass coat which was a bit sweaty when walking but it kept the rain away.

I don't really want to buy a new coat this late into the season,I would rather have a good look for the right coat in the off season so any advice to extend the life of my coat would be great.

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

If you were out in that storm we had here the other day you would struggle to get anything to stop that rain forcing through any breathable garment. 

Yes,it was pretty grim yesterday morning and although I am not surprised that the coat had let in I was surprised thst it had let in quite so much.

Thank you for all the replies.I think there is nikwax at home so I will give it a wash in that. 

2 hours ago, gmm243 said:

Yes,it was pretty grim yesterday morning and although I am not surprised that the coat had let in I was surprised thst it had let in quite so much.

Thank you for all the replies.I think there is nikwax at home so I will give it a wash in that. 

What coat is it ? There generally pretty good. 

I've had a Ram getting on for 20 years ago recently moved on, deer hunter Gamekeeper very tuff canvas type material  and latest is the new Ram Winter jacket. 

On 27/11/2022 at 10:50, Dougy said:

If you were out in that storm we had here the other day you would struggle to get anything to stop that rain forcing through any breathable garment. 

Correct, FWiU, breathable waterproofing must rely on the fabrics ability to resist penetration by the water, there must be limits to all fabrics breathable?

Thanks for all the replies. Couldn't find the Nikwax at home so went to the locK Screwfix today and bought some Fabsil.I had read some reports online singing it's praises for footwear as well as coats so decided to go for it and treat my stalkng boots while I was at it.