That was a cold day picking up

Dave at kelton

Nice bit of country and nice woofers, what is not to like?   Annoys me intensley when guns walk about picking up birds spoiling the enjoyment of the day for the fine band of pickers up.  O always make a point of walking back and thanking pickers up and marking any birds I have down for their dogs to enjoy.

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

52 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Nice bit of country and nice woofers, what is not to like?   Annoys me intensley when guns walk about picking up birds spoiling the enjoyment of the day for the fine band of pickers up.  O always make a point of walking back and thanking pickers up and marking any birds I have down for their dogs to enjoy.

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

Thanks they are good boys. To be honest I don’t mind guns doing a bit of picking up it’s their day. Had a couple of guns out with their dogs today but once they have picked a couple they want to be away for drinks or elevenses when I can do my job. In seven seasons on this estate I have only ever seen one gun get up those hills with his dog. Most aren’t fit enough to move off the road.

We had a day's shoot today in freezing or slightly below temp's , our first drive was a wild duck drive and the foggy conditions didn't help matters as you had a job seeing what duck were fired at , even so we had a very good pick up and the dogs didn't mind one bit when they had to break the thin ice when they crossed the dykes , we got four drives in up to lunch with the bag just touching three figures , had a longish lunch and only done one more drive after dinner as the mist and fog was closing in again , all in all , a decent day , possibly the coldest it had been for a couple of seasons and the day would had been better without the foggy conditions .

Brilliant photos once again Dave , your dogs look in peak condition and a credit to the owner :good: 

49 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I was not talking about guns with dogs Dave, just guns. Yes, I am all for guns with their dogs having a go as long as they work with the official pickers up, but I'm just a grumpy old traditionalist. 

Agreed!

48 minutes ago, marsh man said:

We had a day's shoot today in freezing or slightly below temp's , our first drive was a wild duck drive and the foggy conditions didn't help matters as you had a job seeing what duck were fired at , even so we had a very good pick up and the dogs didn't mind one bit when they had to break the thin ice when they crossed the dykes , we got four drives in up to lunch with the bag just touching three figures , had a longish lunch and only done one more drive after dinner as the mist and fog was closing in again , all in all , a decent day , possibly the coldest it had been for a couple of seasons and the day would had been better without the foggy conditions .

Brilliant photos once again Dave , your dogs look in peak condition and a credit to the owner :good: 

Thanks!