Sat beaters and picking up gang

Dougy

A few of the picker up team and 1 or 2 beaters after the 2nd drive, some very high birds with the wind on Saturday giving some very testing shots. image.jpeg.0d005fcfac9d6018c4e0512a155eead8.jpegLIV.jpg.f60756526e2d0ca3066a705d1a620c73.jpg

The day turned out brilliant as far as the weather goes, it had forecast rain all day but we had bright sunshine after the 1st drive. 

End of the day a meet in one of the local pubs where the guns explain why they missed so many birds. Buster cream crackered in front of the fire, he'd had a few difficult birds to pick up, 1 runner that dropped about 150 yards from us, and must have gone another 100 yards before he eventually caught up with it. 

8093533_busterbythefire.jpg.eb06b82c30e2a00f17df82da65469d94.jpg

Sound like a brilliant days sport with like minded friends .

I was out all day Friday and my dog worked like a trogun going in and out of water all day as we have got two very good drives , with the days now keeping light a bit longer we can now fit six drives in , my dog is now coming up for eight and after a days work he now show signs of stifness later on during the night but by the next day he would be raring to go again , unlike me who's stiffness lasts a lot longer , joints I am talking about :lol: :drinks:

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

that is one very contented dog and his tennis ball..makes me feel sleepy just looking at him..

I agree he crashes out & I'm normally 45 minutes behind him after tea & good glass of red myself infront of the wood burner 

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

Not sure if i had posted this on here before. This was buster after a hard day, he was totally out of it with the sock still held in his mouth.

image.jpeg

One happy dog! The house retrieve is always the best retrieval of the working day