A good courier at last

30-6

Well after my bad experience with DPD I have found a courier that delivered on time.

I had another non delivery by Evri, so the supplier sent out a second parcel via APC.

So WELL DONE APC. You delivered on time, had a local rate telephone number, and an email address that replied.

If you need a courier try APC. 👍👍👍

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

my evri delivery person is fantastic. Then I've lived in one area dpd was brilliant. 

Same, our Evri (formally Hermes) lady is really good, and the various DPD boys aren't bad either.  Parcel Force seemingly take 3 attempts to even find my address, and of course RM may as well not exist, they're so utterly hopeless and uninterested.  The Amazon boys just look stressed.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Same, our Evri (formally Hermes) lady is really good, and the various DPD boys aren't bad either.  Parcel Force seemingly take 3 attempts to even find my address, and of course RM may as well not exist, they're so utterly hopeless and uninterested.  The Amazon boys just look stressed.

😂👍

6 hours ago, 30-6 said:

It must be like buying a lotto ticket to get good service.

It seems no courier is brilliant everywhere, but different couriers seem to have their better areas.

Exactly, you would have hoped they would all have raised their game, but sadly there are still some absolutely useless couriers around and I am surprised that they get paid for their awful service!

Here at home, Steve, my usual EVRI Courier is great, my regular Postman Kev is good too, but at work we see some truly terrible couriering in amongst the good ones.

I accept that they have little time to get round all of their drops, but some of them do it very well, the majority well enough and the memorable few should choose a different job.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Here at home, Steve, my usual EVRI Courier is great, my regular Postman Kev is good too

Evri here is very good once it gets to local delivery person, excellent local lady delivers - and if she is 'off' her husband (retired I think) delivers in stead, also good.  I have had a few problems with Evri/Hermes - but always lost before it gets to the delivery location (according to their tracking).

Regular postman is good, friendly and helpful, but not above errors, but those who come when he is on leave are very variable, one I seriously doubt can read.  On more than one day when that one is 'on', I have had more letters for other people than for me.  The big problem with Royal Mail is that their tracking system doesn't 'track'.  If following up a late delivery, you often get a message to the effect that "the information will only be updated when we deliver the package". 

Amazon generally good and both map and expected delivery time are pretty reliable.  Parcelforce very good if the 'usual' driver is on the route.  Others can be poor.