My 30 year old rifle with a 10 year old Night Vision.

simon6ppc

simon .........you are becoming a one man production company....the picture quality seems to improve as the months go by...........i dont care much for fox shooting..... i 100% accept that it has to be done

i have no problem at all watching your little films....and they are films

again spot on...

PS ....love your wind gauge behind the moderator.............who donated the hair....the mrs ?

Enjoyed that SIMON.👉👍👈 Do you use your thermal spotter on your left eye so it leaves your shooting eye 👁️ used to the normal lightness . Because I've now got a spotter for my squirrels and notice after you use it your eye is a little while comming back. Keep up the good work mate 👍.

6 hours ago, Morkin said:

Enjoyed that SIMON.👉👍👈 Do you use your thermal spotter on your left eye so it leaves your shooting eye 👁️ used to the normal lightness . Because I've now got a spotter for my squirrels and notice after you use it your eye is a little while comming back. Keep up the good work mate 👍.

Thanks pal, i can use either eye to be fair but ye it helps always keeping the other eye like not night blind.

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

simon .........you are becoming a one man production company....the picture quality seems to improve as the months go by...........i dont care much for fox shooting..... i 100% accept that it has to be done

i have no problem at all watching your little films....and they are films

again spot on...

PS ....love your wind gauge behind the moderator.............who donated the hair....the mrs ?

Lol cheers Ditch, ye i am on a mission to try and capture what i do as if you are there with me and i am not there just yet but will keep trying pal.

9 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

A productive outing 👌🏻 and the commitment to be laying on the ground in that weather is top notch. I’d be stiff for days afterwards. 

Lol cheers pal, i am 55 now but as yet am still okish touch wood.

6 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Lol cheers pal, i am 55 now but as yet am still okish touch wood.

You’re Still young mate, I’m only 37 but a serious car accident many years ago left me with metal work in my ankle , elbow &forearm and my knee so unfortunately once the cold/moisture gets to the joints I’m a bit stiff for a few days. Just try to crack on and ignore it though 🤣

9 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Always nice to see your films you put the effort in and get the results 

Thanks Bob

2 hours ago, jall25 said:

Good on you

In the spring you could show the curlew and plover nesting - pairing up perhaps 

Ye i have thought this Jall but i always kind of keep them secret as years ago folk would collect the eggs and such but could do pal.

20 minutes ago, simon6ppc said:

Thanks Bob

Ye i have thought this Jall but i always kind of keep them secret as years ago folk would collect the eggs and such but could do pal.

Thats a shame - you could keep the locations secret - i suppose its time too Simon

Anyway you are doing a great job and inspiring others to get out and do the same - Not killing for killings sake but targeted effective control 

We have been doing the same on ours and coupled with habitat management and supplementary feeding the results have been nothing short of astounding 

1 hour ago, jall25 said:

Thats a shame - you could keep the locations secret - i suppose its time too Simon

Anyway you are doing a great job and inspiring others to get out and do the same - Not killing for killings sake but targeted effective control 

We have been doing the same on ours and coupled with habitat management and supplementary feeding the results have been nothing short of astounding 

Ye might do pal, i have a lot more nesting ground to cover as well this year thousands of acres to be fair so it should be interesting.

15 hours ago, ditchman said:

you are spot on....i do like it when simon observes other wildlife in the field of view  :good:

Ye Ditch to be fair i spend more time watching other animals and admiring them these days than actually pulling the trigger, even when waiting for foxes when they come believe it or not as much as i do it fast pulling the trigger is the worst part for me honestly, i would sooner see them alive to be fair but i just know the ground i am on they would devastate all our birds and such, but ye i could film one or two nests this year from a distance and watch how they get on will see 👍.

7 hours ago, jall25 said:

Yes im out quite a bit and love seeing the stuff i am looking after Ditchy

I wish i could be out with  Simon sometimes - but we all have our own little piece of England and make the most of it !

Thank you Jall, you never know one day pal 👍

19 hours ago, ditchman said:

3 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Ye Ditch to be fair i spend more time watching other animals and admiring them these days than actually pulling the trigger, even when waiting for foxes when they come believe it or not as much as i do it fast pulling the trigger is the worst part for me honestly, i would sooner see them alive to be fair but i just know the ground i am on they would devastate all our birds and such, but ye i could film one or two nests this year from a distance and watch how they get on will see 👍.

Thank you Jall, you never know one day pal 👍

Thats the mega thing about themal and night vision - you really do see the unseen ! Take care lads and have a good day