Frustrating shooting

bunny_blaster

This morning I left home with the intention of following the line that was coming over the game shoot yesterday. I pulled up at the gate and there were birds moving along it but after following them down the country lanes they ended up in a big conifer wood just soaking up the sun. I carried on looking and eventually found a field with birds feeding but no line in to it. I pushed them off and after 15 minutes of watching the odd one started returning so i lugged my gear across the field and got set up. After and hour I’d shot 2 pigeons so I packed up and went searching again. I found a field with a good numbers sat in the trees and birds joining but the wind was wrong to shoot the field meaning I’d have a long walk with all my gear so I left it for another day. I ended up shooting a field that had about 150 feeding on it and sat the rest of the day out there. The birds stayed very high but I managed to pull a few in a bit closer and ended up with 25 pigeon. Most had acorns in there crops

526F322E-95F7-4299-9275-4EF5C3FED7BF.jpeg

Sheer dedication and it won't be long where your effort is well rewarded , 25 would be an excellent day for us lesser mortals but we know you are more than capable in putting a nought on the end of the 25 and if you have got enough Pigeons then it will only be a matter of time .   THANKS for posting :good: 

Very well done chap for sticking it out and getting that number, that would be a good day for me, I went for a walk with dog this afternoon on farm and the pigeons like you said my the crop, still feeding on acorns and the most I see was the ivy on the trees are full of pigeons, good year for ivy berries aswell .👏👏👏👈👍

On 22/01/2023 at 17:13, pigeon controller said:

Well done Ben, a Birthday Treat!!. I watched a line while walking the dog this morning and somebody was shooting further down the line. As you reported they are still on acorns. Thanks for posting.

Oi oi Stranger. Hope you're keeping well.