HIK 6mm thermal

captainhastings

I picked on eup last week and so far its asolutly pointless. Now I now its bottom of the range etc with 6mm lense. But it can't see a pheasant day time 25 yards, Duck 10 yards and tonight it couldnt see any of the rabbits sat 30 yards away. In fact the only thing it does see is my bloody dog 
Now I didn't expect to ID much in the dark but I was hoping it could just tell me there was some thing there. In this video the guy can see a heat source on rabbits over 200 yards. I would be happy at a 100 . Wonder if there is some magical setting or maybe I should take the lense cap off. I know its only 350 quid but thats a lot of money and at the moment I may as well stuffed it down the drain. Any one know of any tweaks to optimise it or some thing ?

There is a focus Matone for the screen which I tried tweaking as the rabbits sat there for an age most  obliging but it made no difference. The menu's are bit limited. I will upgrade firm ware for starters I guess

London well that at least is promising 
I could see the farm track fine and make some things out but just nothing heat wise