Prescription from vets only valid for 6 months!

Agriv8

So just been to pick the printed prescription up from my vets the  dog had her annual check over and jabs 

so got home and it’s only valid for 6 months where as they will keep giving me them for the year if I pay 3 times the price and buy them through them how does  that work ? I £30 for a printed bit of paper signed by the vet for nexgard spectra I know I will get my money back on my first order from online supplier but it feels like a big money printing scam !

do the online companies ring the vets or just prescribe to the prescription thinking I will try it on and by a years worth .

to make things worse tge have missed the quarterly lung worm ( dontril) as that’s not covered by the nexgaurd 

how much do the rest of you get charged and am I being unreasonable?

think I might have to move vets !

Agriv8

I pay £18 per prescription and ask them to put as big an amount of the drug that we can get away with ,then I don’t need so many prescriptions per year I find they are accommodating as long as I take the time to discuss the unnecessary expense with them ,they say they can’t compete with online prices and understand you would have to be mad to buy straight from them.

I think £30 per prescription is a bit steep.

On 16/03/2023 at 06:42, TR1 said:

The other cost is that most vets want to check animal before giving prescription. So you have to pat appointment charge every time also.

If you manage to get the animal check done when they have their booster vaccinations you get away with the appointment charge at our vets.

Got the nexgard online delivered for £46 for 6 months worth my vets were £66 for 3 month’s worth. 

My main beef is that my own vets sees the dog once a year for her jab but will  happily sell me a 3 month supply every quarter for the year ! But will not write me a prescription for 12 months!

Hey ho time to ask around for vet recommendations I think 

Agriv8