Food of yester year

ditchman

42 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Thank you very much πŸ‘πŸ‘

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

love picalilly............termed the "baby vomit of the culenry world"

Used to like Pan Yan but I think they stopped making it I think πŸ€” nearest I've found is Asdas own brand πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

7 hours ago, dessyb said:

only brown sauce with pork pie [ esp .bextons butchers] harrycat will know😜

Don't tell everyone πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Thank you very much πŸ‘πŸ‘

Used to like Pan Yan but I think they stopped making it I think πŸ€” nearest I've found is Asdas own brand πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

premier foods own the Pan-Yan pickle.....but they had a fire and the recipe was burnt..............there is a couple of recipe's online..of folk replicating the Pan-yan pickle recipe.......might try it one day

50+ years ago I was a rep calling on farms in the north of England. I was invited to stay for tea one day and sat down with great expectations as the lady of the house always baked lovely stuff. I was confronted by four thick slices of cold ham with about a quarter inch of lean, the rest white fat.The only way I could wind it down was by drowning it in the home-made piccalilli with mouthfuls of bread. My digestive system was in a state of shock and I drove home very gingerly avoiding bumps and potholes. Not been keen on picalilli since.

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

love picalilly............termed the "baby vomit of the culenry world"

One of my first memories of my granddad was him telling me piccalilli was the scrapping from babies nappies, put me off it for hours.

Another was of him sucking the chocolate off his chocolate brazils at Christmas cos his false teeth couldn't cope, then offering the nuts to people he didn't like.