Where is this?

Old Boggy

Bosham, just west of Chicheter West Sussex. Quite a few cars are water logged each year after parking off the road way that floods every high tide. Even worse on a spring tide and a south westerly.

I live 2 minutes away.

Edited by mpmilo

5 minutes ago, mpmilo said:

Bosham, just west of Chicheter West Sussex. Quite a few cars are water logged each year after parking off the road way that floods every high tide. Even worse on a spring tide and a south westerly.

I live 2 minutes away.

Is the correct answer, well done 👍

11 minutes ago, mpmilo said:

I live 2 minutes away.

As you are local, is it pronounced ‘Bosham’ as spelt or as I think I heard a Local refer to it as ‘Bossam’?

OB

Bos ham is correct, which confuses people as not far away in Hampshire is Cosham, which is pronounced  Cosh am. 

Bosham is a lovely place for a walk if you are visiting Chichester / Goodwood / West Dean, but check on the tide or even better park in the pay and display car park. There used to be a wall of shame with all the photos of flooded cars in the local pub. The Anchor Bleu.

Edited by mpmilo

5 minutes ago, mpmilo said:

Bos ham is correct, which confuses people as not far away in Hampshire is Cosham, which is pronounced  Cosh am. 

Bosham is a lovely place for a walk if you are visiting Chichester / Goodwood / West Dean, but check on the tide or even better park in the pay and display car park. There used to be a wall of shame with all the flooded cars in the local pub. The Anchor Bleu.

Thanks for that.

We visited Bosham today and it’s a lovely area. Saw lots of curlew in Langstone harbour at low tide which are quite a rarity in my part of Kent.

1 minute ago, Old Boggy said:

Thanks for that.

We visited Bosham today and it’s a lovely area. Saw lots of curlew in Langstone harbour at low tide which are quite a rarity in my part of Kent.

Curlew, They are a lovely sight going about their business. Do you know ive not walked Langstone for ages, I must do that.

1 minute ago, Yellow Bear said:

When I lived on the Island as a youngster it was referred to phonetically as Cos um and Bos um

I know a fair few Hampshire lads that still pronounce it that way. My sister lives in Emsworth and her husband pronounces it that way, but she calls them as above.

16 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

When I last walked the harbour about 5 years ago at the Pompey end, sadly it was no where near the place I remembered. Farlington Marshes had disappeared under roads and buildings.

Happening everywhere around here, Chichester to Emsworth are now near enough joined. A lot of the building on farmland and old country walks. So many houses going along the old A27. 

Heard not so long ago they have released another block of land around Farlington area for more houses.

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, know it well that village and Chichester , I thought of bosham but was beat to it 🤔🙄😁 , lived in Chichester for many years, when the gun shop was in South Street, most of the land I use to shoot on is all houses, enjoy your stay OB 👍

Chichester Armoury now in West Street which I hope to visit tomorrow if I’m allowed 👍

16 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Chichester Armoury now in West Street which I hope to visit tomorrow if I’m allowed 👍

Hello, hope so, 👍 there's a pub opposite the cathedral I use to take mum in, weather spoons ? I use to live up St Paul's road, born in Midhurst , if you wish to visit out of the city try East Dean, some oldy worldly houses and farming , where they film the BBC repair shop, on tonight,

Had a browse round Chichester Armoury and bought a couple of gun cleaning items. Keep meaning to visit the Wealden Living museum. The Repair Shop is currently my favourite programme. 

Lovely part of the country 

OB