New member form the Highlands

Go to your local gun shop with your cert  and they will guide you through the process -   its easy  and they do most the work ..

You get to fondle the shiny new guns and take your pick .

What you planning on using the gun for .clays .game .decoying. wildfowling  other / all ? 

2 hours ago, Gaisgeach45 said:

Hello I recently got my SGC and am looking for information, I would appreciate being told the procedure for buying my first Shotgun, cheers!.

Whether your first gun will be purchased from an RFD or private individual, it’s the same procedure - Present your cert and the seller needs to fill in the details. You don’t write on your own cert except to sign it.

Then you inform your local FEO with details of the shotgun acquired.

2 hours ago, Gaisgeach45 said:

Hello I recently got my SGC and am looking for information, I would appreciate being told the procedure for buying my first Shotgun, cheers!.

It might help if you read your cert fully. Your requirements are on the cert, as well as the seller's requirements. 

This is just advice, not a dig.

Most RFDs will be very helpful with your purchase. My local offered to do my first notification for me, but I declined, as it is better to know the procedure yourself. Most forces have gone digital now, and it is simple to do.

Edited by Newbie to this

Welcome to the forum 

What part of the highlands are you located? 

I am also in the highlands. 

The local gun shops will keep you right with the process. Just make sure to read your very carefully and sign 

drop me a pm for any advice, if I can I will help out 

• 2 months later...