Awning pegs

Surfer

Been caravaning for roughly ten years so know a little bit about awnings 😂 

Started to come across hard standings that are very compact and seem loads of fellows hammering in heavy duty rock 🪨 pegs and then struggling to get them out,I came up with thin long screws with a washer and drilled them in .

question is can any of you chaps recommend something a bit more substantial of heavy duty reusable screw type around 6 inch long 

many thanks 

We have some that are basically a long wide thread bolt with a point and a socket head that can be drilled in and removed the same way. 

I will see what make they are when I get a chance but they are similar to the picture 

IMG_9235.jpeg

Edited by ph5172

I only ever use screw in pegs now, even on soft ground. They have a course thread and a half inch (13mm) bolt head.  I use a dewalt drill to put them in and take out. You can buy them in various lengths from around 8" through to about 12"

Takes the strain out of putting the awning up and probably halves the time.

I use a similar type on my fishing gear, I think they are called Twizzle pegs, same idea but with a fixed T bar on top to hand wind in/out.

We struggled last year with normal tent pegs on really hard ground,  most other folk who weren't out every night putting the pegs back in had the same sort of pegs, Aldi are selling some, but might not be hex head?