Miroku MK60 High Pheasant

Fargo

There are two High Pheasant II on Guntrader. New £4,195.

12 hours ago, Fargo said:

Looking for a 20b version.

Has anyone got one and do they have the low stocks like most Miroku do? Someone mentioned they had higher dimensions but can’t find it online 

I would make sure you hold some in a shop. I have a 12b mk60 game 2003 and a 20b grade 5 2017. Both I find to have a very similar sight picture and about the same as a browning. I've held a friend's mk60 universal from 2012 and it felt very different, much lower in the comb. Also both of mine don't have mid beads which I think is less common and how I prefer.

I saw a Dave Carrie video some three years ago where he'd had a "standard" Miroku fitted by them with, I think a "trap" stock? Or was it the other way around? A "trap" Miroku fitted with a "standard" stock? And that the issue was going to be addressed in the future by making that combination an off the shelf product to be then known as the High Pheasant?

I asked the Browning/Miroku rep about the High Pheasant 12 bore a while back and he said it was 36mm drop at comb - too high for me. I would say it’s highly likely that the 20 bore is similar. If you ask a gun smith (as opposed to a standard gun shop), they will measure the drop for you. 

1 hour ago, Fellside said:

I asked the Browning/Miroku rep about the High Pheasant 12 bore a while back and he said it was 36mm drop at comb - too high for me. I would say it’s highly likely that the 20 bore is similar. If you ask a gun smith (as opposed to a standard gun shop), they will measure the drop for you. 

Good idea and I want one to scratch an itch.

Will have stock shortend a bit and leather covered pad put on it and if can afford it the pistol grip made round to match my B25.

I have both 12 and 20 HP in 32" both purchased new and still unaltered, and using a level and ruler the drop on both are identical around the 35mm range but the 20 is 2mm or 3mm longer in stock length, the 12 stock is obviously a lot thicker around the pistol grip.

2 hours ago, 8 shot said:

I have both 12 and 20 HP in 32" both purchased new and still unaltered, and using a level and ruler the drop on both are identical around the 35mm range but the 20 is 2mm or 3mm longer in stock length, the 12 stock is obviously a lot thicker around the pistol grip.

Great , thank you