Same Farm Two Fields

Bunny_Blaster and I decided to both shoot the same farm in pursuit of the corvids being asked by the farmer to have another go. Now this is two days after I had shot it but he assured us that they were back in numbers. I arrived at my field at 09.00 and the field had a good hundred corvids feeding on the exposed peas. I knew it was going to be hot so decided to site my hide under the shade of some large Oak trees. I had six pigeon and six carrion crows as decoys and set them out in front of the hide. The first corvid in was very confident and landed among the decoys he was then despatched. I then had a regular supply of birds , including a few pigeons but the top end of the field had a flightline of pigeons crossing which due to two dwelling houses  and a road I was unable to get on but they did cross the field that B_B was going to shoot. Ben was set up just after midday and I could hear his shots and he was busy. My action slowed a bit but I was still seeing pigeons and corvids. The sun had now moved and even though I put a lid on the hide it was very hot.

We decided to shoot till 18.00 and I packed up my total for the day was 46 corvids and 23 pigeons. I then drove to Bens field and he was just packing up he had 76 Pigeons and a similar number of corvids which he had spread over the field at the Farmers request. So it was a good result at the end of the day

100_3660.JPG

IMG_2279.jpg

What a good report - I enjoyed reading that- thank you for posting.

Shooting in hot weather can be a challenge- but always preferable to sitting freezing my nuts off in deepest winter- in my opinion.

Glad you are controlling the corvids, they are a menace locally- I have never seen so many carrions and magpies.

That Pea field have certainly been producing good results , wouldn't it pay the farmer to put a gas gun on ? , mind you with you shooting it every few days and they don't pay much attention then I couldn't see a gas gun keeping them off , you can rest assure that the ones in the photo and the previous ones won't be coming back anytime soon .

I liked the bit where you were say it is going to hot , well I had a couple hours this afternoon and I had my Winter coat on , the N / Easterly wind that was coming straight off the sea was blooxx freezing , it have been in that direction for at least three weeks and thank the lord it is due to change for the better this coming weekend :good: