The narrative is changing - Electric Cars

discobob

On 18/06/2023 at 18:35, GingerCat said:

I've also thought hydrogen is the answer. Toyota honda and others are going that way.

If honda made a toothbrush I'd buy it. 

yes

On 18/06/2023 at 18:42, 12gauge82 said:

The difference today is both adults generally go to work. Imagine carting the full trolley load of weekly shop a 15 minute walk away, or having to visit the shops daily.

you'd get mugged in some places

On 18/06/2023 at 18:54, Shadowchaser said:

I just don't like the way things are forced upon us through coercion and legislation.  

I don't think that the system gives a flying fig as to what you like.

On 18/06/2023 at 20:00, yates said:

Don't understand why people don't chose to work close to home 

Why not.  there isn't very much established work within 15 to 20 miles of where I live in Kent

On 18/06/2023 at 20:28, discobob said:

Lack of opportunity? Lack of employment? Property too expensive where they do work? 
Personal choice of where you want to live. 
My job I am in now, when I took it it was a 30 minute drive. The day I started they announced they were moving across the river into the City Centre which made my commute either 1hr 30 to 2 hours daily with tunnel fees and parking fees - or 2.5 to 3 hours putting the train in the mix

The couf hit and luckily it is now 1 day in the office

The majority of people do work from home.  Chaos will operate and when we get to 2030 or whenever and most of the population can't afford to buy or run vehicles the gov of the day WILL do a U turn.  they won't have an option.  We can't keep writing bank notes out.  the country will go bankrupt.  still in times gone past it was either war or pestilence that controlled the masses

On 19/06/2023 at 09:16, Penelope said:

The great democracy experiment is over; it's a return to feudal times for us.

I work in the CIty of London, try buying or even renting anything affordable anywhere close 🤣🤣🤣.

Not just in the city.  a garden shed where I live in Kent is high altitude price.

On 19/06/2023 at 09:49, Cosmicblue said:

Caravans will be banned! 

not eco friendly and again telephone numbers

On 19/06/2023 at 12:27, Westley said:

I did    !!    🤣

I bought a Honda.

On 19/06/2023 at 12:33, 12gauge82 said:

Don't worry about any of that, your way of life will be totally inconsequential for the 'greater good'

The state of people generally are just sheep.

Edited by Minky

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Minky said:

We can't keep writing bank notes out.

Central Bank Digital Currency and the Digital Pound.

They don't need to write them out - they just need to have direct access to your "credits" as this will be what in effect it will be sitting in your "digital wallet" and deduct charges they bring in under "climate emergencies" - what a perverse use of the emergencies act - that has also been handed down to councils for them to do the same.

They want to get rid of livestock -we will become the new cattle 😞

1 hour ago, discobob said:

They don't need to write them out - they just need to have direct access to your "credits" as this will be what in effect it will be sitting in your "digital wallet" and deduct charges they bring in under "climate emergencies" - what a perverse use of the emergencies act - that has also been handed down to councils for them to do the same.

Corrected..  I  didn't  literally mean take pen to paper but digitally.  This is from someone who virtually doesn't buy anything with cash anymore.   I use an app on my phone for everything except the weekly sub at the rifle club.  The money guy has a tin moneybox and we chuck our sub in.  He is a straight as a gun barrel right to the penny.

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Don't forget the limp dems - the worst of the 3.

Yes.  They gave up their principles to get their snouts in the  trough with cameron.  They  don't come round here canvassing but if and when they do,  they will be invited to find their way back through the gate. Quick and lively.!

20 minutes ago, Minky said:

Yes.  They gave up their principles to get their snouts in the  trough with cameron.  They  don't come round here canvassing but if and when they do,  they will be invited to find their way back through the gate. Quick and lively.!

How can you trust a party that states it will, in basic terms, out red the reds, out green the greens, and out blue the blues.   An impossible plan.

4 hours ago, discobob said:

Corrected..  I  didn't  literally mean take pen to paper but digitally.  This is from someone who virtually doesn't buy anything with cash anymore.   I use an app on my phone for everything except the weekly sub at the rifle club.  The money guy has a tin moneybox and we chuck our sub in.  He is a straight as a gun barrel right to the penny.

14 hours ago, Minky said:

Seemingly for a while none of any perversion have dared to darken doorsteps here?